We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Examinations for dental, oral and maxillofacial diseases
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Preventive dental care is aimed at all insured persons and serves to detect and treat any dental, oral and jaw diseases at an early stage.
- up to the age of 6: six times, three of which in infancy (6th to the completed 9th month of life 10th to the completed 20th month of life 21st to the completed 33rd month of life)
- Between 6 and 18 years: once every six months
- once a year from the age of 18
- Some health insurance companies offer different benefits
Dental prophylaxis measures for adults include
- Instructions on effective oral hygiene,
- advice on reducing risk factors and
- the removal of hard plaque and caries or irritants that can cause inflammation of the gums.
The responsibility lies with the respective health insurance company.
Which documents are required?
- Electronic health card,
- Bonus booklet (from the age of 12)
What are the fees?
Measures that exceed sufficient, appropriate and economical care are paid for by the insured persons themselves.
You can lodge an appeal against the health insurance company's decision. If the appeal is not upheld, you can take legal action at the competent social court.
Information on dentistry, oral and maxillofacial medicine can be found on the websites of the German Society for Dentistry, Oral and MaxillofacialMedicine (DGZMK) andAktion zahnfreundlich e. V.
For related links, see under the heading "What else should I know"
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of Social Affairs, Health and Equality of Lower Saxony
Professionally released on