We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Integration assistance for the mentally ill
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The aim of integration assistance is to prevent an impending mental disability or to eliminate or alleviate the consequences of a disability. Your participation in life in the community should be maintained or restored after a long stay in hospital or prolonged isolation.
You will receive support in coping with daily life. This includes in particular
- Household management
- leisure activities
- the promotion of private contacts and hobbies,
- visits to public authorities (preparation and support), unless this is the task of a legal guardian
The period of care is generally designed for a longer period of time and is individually tailored.
The costs for the services are covered by the responsible integration assistance provider if an individual need for support is identified. Income and assets may be taken into account.
- You contact the integration assistance provider responsible for you. You can ask there for advice and support or submit an informal application straight away.
- The responsible authority will ask you to complete a form and submit further documents.
- The authority will carry out a participation and/or overall plan procedure to determine your individual need for integration assistance services.
- Once all the documents have been submitted, the competent authority will check whether or to what extent you will receive integration assistance based on the information you provide.
- After your application has been reviewed, you will receive an approval or rejection notice.
Who should I contact?
Please contact your district or city (public health service, health department or social psychiatric service).
The integration assistance providers are responsible.
- the existence of an actual or impending mental disability
- a restriction of participation.
The individual need for support is determined by the responsible integration assistance provider as part of a participation and overall plan procedure.
Which documents are required?
An informal application to the competent authority is sufficient. They will ask you to use a form and submit further documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The authority to which the application is submitted must determine within two weeks of receipt of the application whether it is responsible for the application. If the authority is not responsible, it shall forward the application immediately.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Lower Saxony Ministry for Social Affairs, Health and Equality
Professionally released on