We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for permission to organize or broker a game of chance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Public games of chance may only be offered with a gambling license. Games of chance that require a permit include lotteries and draws.
If you wish to hold a public lottery or raffle (including tombolas), you must apply for and obtain a license.
Who should I contact?
- To your municipal, district or city administration if the lottery covers the area of the municipality, district or city.
- To the district regulatory authority if the lottery covers several independent municipalities or several district offices.
- To the Ministry of the Interior, Municipal Affairs, Housing and Sport of the State of Schleswig-Holstein (MIKWS) if the lottery covers several districts or independent cities.
What are the fees?
Fees are charged for the approval, amendment or revocation of a license as well as for monitoring measures in accordance with the state ordinance on administrative fees in the version applicable at the time of the official act.
Official acts relating to lotteries of corporations, associations and foundations that serve non-profit or charitable purposes, the technical execution of which is not entrusted to a commercial enterprise, are free of charge.
- State Treaty on Gambling (GlüStV) of December 15, 2011,
- Act on the Implementation of the First State Treaty on Gambling in Germany (First GlüÄndStV AG) of February 1, 2013,
- State Ordinance on Administrative Fees (General Fee Tariff) - VwGebVO SH.
What else should I know?
Anyone who organizes or arranges public gambling without official permission is acting unlawfully and may be liable to prosecution. Participation in unauthorized gambling can also be a criminal offense.
Further information on gambling can be found on the website of the state government.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.