We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for a permit for electrofishing
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
For certain purposes, the authorities may allow you to catch fish using electricity on application. These include Catching spawning fish, stocktaking to preserve evidence or to draw up conservation plans, scientific studies or sustainable water management that cannot be achieved with other fishing gear. Furthermore, various requirements are placed on the electric fishing gear and its operators.
- You apply in writing for permission to catch fish using electricity. You must state the purpose and enclose the necessary documents.
- The competent authority will check your application for completeness and whether the technical requirements for an exemption permit are met.
- Once the examination has been completed, you will be notified of the rejection or approval in a decision. This decision may be subject to a fee.
Who should I contact?
to the upper fisheries authority
The supreme fisheries authority at the State Office for Agriculture, Environment and Rural Areas of Schleswig-Holstein (LLUR)
You must state the purpose for fishing using electricity and submit the required documentation.
In addition, you may only fish using direct current or suitable pulsed direct current. You may not use alternating current as a fishing current. You must use the electric fishing gear in accordance with the recognized rules of technology. You must comply with the duties of care arising from the operating instructions and the particular local circumstances.
Which documents are required?
- Application (in writing)
- Proof of training course for electric fishing (operating license) or proof of fish farmer certificate
- Approval certificate for the electric fishing gear to be used
- List of waters, if applicable
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Before starting work
Processing time: 2 - 4 Weeks
Applications / forms
Application for the practice of electrofishing
What else should I know?
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
The supreme fisheries authority at the Ministry of Energy Transition, Climate Protection, Environment and Nature (MEKUN)
Professionally released on