We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
State-certified food chemist Recognition
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Anyone wishing to use the professional title "state-certified food chemist" requires a permit. This will be issued to you on application if you meet the requirements of the state regulations.
This also includes the examination of compensation measures based on European Community law when it comes to the examination and recognition of higher education diplomas and practical professional training from other EU or EEA states.
The profession of "state-certified food chemist" is regulated in Germany. Anyone who wants to work in the official food and consumer goods monitoring sector and use the job title "state-certified food chemist" needs a permit. In order to obtain this permit, recognition of the foreign qualification is required. Citizens of a member state of the European Union (EU) or a state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area (EEA) can submit an application for this.
The application for the recognition procedure is submitted to the competent authority. The competent body checks the documents for equivalence on the basis of the applicable national legal provisions. It is checked whether the foreign qualification (in the case of an application from another EU or EEA state or Switzerland) corresponds to the German qualification.
Who should I contact?
Please contact the Ministry of Justice, Europe, Consumer Protection and Equality.
You will be granted a permit if you:
- have successfully completed a degree in food chemistry at a university in the Federal Republic of Germany lasting at least eight semesters,
- have completed at least one year of practical training after completing your studies
- have successfully passed the state examination for state-certified food chemists,
- have not been guilty of any conduct that would make them unreliable to practice the profession of state-certified food chemist
- do not have any physical or mental impairments or are unsuitable for practicing the profession due to addiction.
Which documents are required?
- Application (informal)
- Diploma / proof of university degree
- Proof of citizenship
- Proof of German language skills
- Proof of study and training content in the form of a study book, study regulations, examination regulations or in another suitable manner, from which the study content and the duration of the completed training to obtain the training certificate can be seen
- Certificate of the duration and type of previous professional activity in a member state of the European Union or another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area or Switzerland
Further documents may be required.
What are the fees?
Fees of up to 200.00 euros will be charged.
Once the documents have been submitted in full, the procedure takes a maximum of three months.
An appeal may be lodged against the decision of the competent authority. For more information, please refer to your decision.
Applications / forms
What else should I know?
You can also call the hotline of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. The hotline will answer your questions on the subject of "Working and living in Germany"
In addition, the service points of the "Integration through Qualification" network (IQ network) will be happy to support and advise you before, during and after the recognition procedure.
Outside the civil service, for example in the private sector, recognition can be waived, but the designation "state-certified" will then no longer apply.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Professionally released on