We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for recognition of foreign professional qualifications
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you are in possession of a foreign qualification as a teacher and want to work as a teacher in Schleswig-Holstein, recognition of your qualification is required.
The conditions that you have to meet for a "qualification for a teaching profession" depend on the respective federal state. Accordingly, it is important that you apply for recognition in Schleswig-Holstein if you want to work as a teacher here.
In Schleswig-Holstein, teachers are trained for different schools.
There are the following teaching positions:
- Teaching profession at primary schools
- Teaching profession at grammar schools and community schools with upper school
- Teaching profession at community schools with lower secondary level
- Teaching profession at vocational schools
- Teacher Training for Special Education
- Submit a written application to the Ministry of Education, Training, Science, Research and Culture.
- The ministry will check your qualifications as a teacher. It determines whether your qualifications are equivalent to the first state examination or the second state examination.
- According to certain criteria, the ministry checks whether there are significant differences between your qualification and the teacher qualification in Schleswig-Holstein. In addition, the ministry examines whether your qualification essentially meets the requirements for the teaching profession in Schleswig-Holstein. Professional experience and subjects are taken into account.
- The Ministry will inform you of the result in writing or electronically with the help of a decision (direct recognition, demand for a compensatory measure or refusal).
- If necessary, the testing centre will ask you to complete an adaptation period or an aptitude test for recognition if direct recognition is not possible.
- If you have successfully completed the compensatory measure and meet all other requirements, your professional qualification will be recognised
The procedure is independent of your nationality and the origin of your degree.
Who should I contact?
Please contact the Ministry of Education, Training, Science, Research and Culture of the State of Schleswig-Holstein.
- Completed professional qualification in the country of origin
Which documents are required?
- completed application signed by you
- Proof of identity (e.g. ID card or passport)
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form in German
- Permission to study (university entrance qualification),
- Documents of the foreign teacher training qualification (incl. duration of training),
- Documents related to studies (for example: subjects, grades, diploma supplement),
- documents on work experience,
- marriage certificate or civil partnership certificate (if your name is different in your documents),
- Certificate from your home country or country of origin that laws have been complied with and that there are no criminal proceedings against you,
- Declaration that you have not submitted an application for the recognition of the teaching qualification in any other German federal state.
Additional documentation may be required.
What are the fees?
There are no fees.
If the documents have been submitted in full, the procedure takes a maximum of three months.
An appeal may be lodged against the decision of the competent authority. More information can be found in their notice.
Applications / forms
What else should I know?
You can also call the hotline of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. The hotline will answer your questions on the subject of "Working and living in Germany".
In addition, the service centres of the "Integration through Qualification" network (IQ network) will be happy to accompany and advise you before, during and after the recognition procedure.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Professionally released on