We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Permission to use the professional title of emergency paramedic Issued
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The job title "emergency paramedic" is regulated in Germany and is therefore subject to legal regulations. This means that this profession may only be practised with a state permit, which entitles you to use the professional title "emergency paramedic" and to work as such.
If you have a comparable foreign qualification and wish to work as an emergency paramedic in Germany, this is possible with the help of a recognition procedure. Accordingly, you apply for a state permit from the competent authority. If you are entitled to immigrate to Germany, you can also apply from abroad.
- Submit an application for the recognition procedure to the competent body
- The competent body checks the documents for equivalence on the basis of the applicable national legal provisions
- In the case of an application from another EU or EEA country or Switzerland, the office will check whether the foreign qualification is equivalent to the German qualification.
- The competent body will inform you of the result in writing or electronically by means of a decision (direct recognition, requirement of a compensation measure or rejection).
- If necessary, the inspection body will ask you to complete an adaptation period or an aptitude test or knowledge test for recognition if direct recognition is not possible.
- If you have successfully completed thecompensation measure and meet all other requirements, your professional qualification will be recognized.
Who should I contact?
Please contact the Schleswig-Holstein Institute for Vocational Education and Training (SHIBB), Department 21, Health and Nursing Professions.
The Schleswig-Holstein Institute for Vocational Education and Training (SHIBB) is responsible for this.
- Professional qualification
- Personal aptitude
- Health suitability
- Knowledge of the German language
Which documents are required?
- Written application for recognition of the professional title
- Proof of identity (e.g. identity card or passport)
- A certificate of practical work experience at a recognized training rescue station (original or certified copy)
- If applicable, authorization for the acceptance of trainees by the training rescue station if this is not located in Schleswig-Holstein
- If applicable, a copy of the notification of the shortening or discontinuation of the practical activity
- A certified copy of the examination certificate
- an official certificate of good conduct of "document type 0" (for submission to an authority), which is not older than one month when the application is submitted
- a medical certificate that is not older than one month at the time of submitting the application and confirms that you are physically and mentally fit to work as an emergency paramedic
As a rule, you must submit all documents in the original or as a certified copy and in German. If the documents are written in another language, you may also need a translation by a publicly appointed translator.
Further documents may be required.
What are the fees?
The costs for the procedure depend on the work involved in each case. Your competent authority will determine the exact costs individually and inform you accordingly. There may be additional costs for compensation measures, translations or similar.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
No deadlines need to be observed.
Once the documents have been submitted in full, the procedure takes a maximum of four months.
The decision of the competent body may be appealedappeal is permissible. For more information, please refer to your decision.
What else should I know?
Have you obtained your qualification in an EU, EEA or Swiss country or have you already received recognition of your qualification there? Then the application for recognition in Schleswig-Holstein can be submitted electronically via the state portal.
- You can also call the hotline of the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees. The hotline will answer your questions on the subject of "Working and living in Germany"
- In addition, the service points of the "Integration through Qualification" network (IQ network) will be happy to support and advise you before, during and after the recognition procedure.
Please note that the job title "emergency paramedic" was known as "paramedic" until 2014. The permit to use the job title therefore applies to both titles.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.