We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a residence permit on urgent humanitarian or personal grounds
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You are seeking a temporary stay in Germany, for example to temporarily care for a seriously ill family member, to undergo urgent medical treatment or to complete vocational training. to undergo urgently required medical treatment or to complete vocational training. You are staying in Germany and are not obliged to leave the country.
In this case, you can be granted a residence permit by the Aliens Department as long as urgent humanitarian or personal reasons or considerable public interests require your temporary continued presence in the Federal territory.
The residence permit does not entitle you to gainful employment. It can be granted on application by the Aliens' Registration Office.
A residence requirement may be imposed on you.
You are entitled to benefits according to the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act.
Family reunification is excluded.
They are not entitled to participate in an integration course. They can only be admitted to participate in courses if there are places available.
As a rule, you must apply for your residence permit in person.
- Arrange an appointment with your local Aliens' Registration Office (Ausländerbehörde). You can also find out about the application procedure and which documents you need to submit in which form on the respective website of the Aliens' Registration Office.
- During your appointment, your fingerprints will be taken.
If your application is approved, the Aliens' Registration Office will commission the Bundesdruckerei to produce the electronic residence permit. The residence permit is in the form of a cheque card with additional electronic functions.
For information on the duration of the procedure until the residence permit is issued, please contact the relevant Foreigners' Registration Office.
Who should I contact?
Locally competent foreigners authority
Locally responsible foreigners authority of your independent town or district
- Existence of an application for a residence permit
- Foreigner who is not compulsorily obliged to leave the country
- Urgent humanitarian or personal reasons or substantial public interests must require temporary presence in the Federal territory
- Fulfilment of the general conditions for the granting of a residence permit
- There must be no grounds for refusal (no interest in deportation, no prohibition of entry or residence)
Which documents are required?
- Current biometric photo
- Proof of identity, if available, e.g. passport, ID card, birth certificate, marriage certificate; citizenship certificate
- If applicable, employment contract or binding job offer
- Proof of health insurance
- Rental contract
What are the fees?
Fee for the issuance of the residence permit: 100 Euro
For minors: 50 Euro
Exemption from fees when receiving social benefits
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Validity of the residence permit:
- 6 months at the most if you have have not yet resided legally in Germany for at least 18 months (without interruption)
- up to three years if you have already resided legally in Germany for more than 18 months
You will usually be informed of the duration of the procedure (about 6 to 8 weeks) when you apply for a residence permit by the competent Aliens' Registration Office.
Note: The residence permit is issued as an electronic residence title.
Section 5 Residence Act
§ 25 para. 4 sentence 1 AufenthG
Section 12 Residence Act
Section 29 subsection 3 AufenthG
§ 44 Residence Act
§ 78 Residence Act
§ 78a Residence Act
Section 45 AufenthV
Section 53 AufenthV
Section 1 AsylbLG
Applications / forms
You will receive the following from your local immigration office
Online procedure possible: no
Personal appearance required: yes
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Saxon State Ministry of the Interior
Professionally released on