We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for a residence permit for recognition of professional qualifications during employment
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can obtain a residence permit to carry out a qualification measure if you intend to work in a non-regulated profession in order to compensate for the deficits identified in the context of qualified employment. Non-regulated professions are professions without specific state requirements for practicing them. This means that there is no professional license required to work in the profession.
The Federal Employment Agency must approve the occupation. As part of the approval process, it examines the working conditions, among other things. The employment must not take place under less favorable conditions than the employment of comparable domestic employees.
The residence permit for the recognition of professional qualifications during employment is a temporary residence permit. It is issued for two years.
- Depending on the foreigners authority and your request, it may be possible to apply online. Find out whether your foreigners authority offers electronic application for a residence permit.
- If you can only apply in person, make an appointment with the immigration office. During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your supporting documents checked (bring these with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the production of an electronic residence permit (eAT).
- In the case of an electronic application, the Immigration Office will contact you after receiving your online application to arrange an appointment at the Immigration Office if necessary. During the appointment, your documents will be checked (bring them with you to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the eAT.
- If your application is approved, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eAT to be issued.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can collect the eAT from the Foreigners' Registration Office.
The foreigners authority responsible for the applicant's place of residence.
- You have a recognized and valid passport or passport substitute and - if required for entry - an appropriate visa.
- There is no interest in deporting you.
- Your stay does not jeopardize or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- The authority responsible for recognizing your professional qualification in Germany has issued a decision stating that you lack the skills, knowledge and abilities required primarily for practical work.
- You have at least A2 level German language skills.
- You have a concrete job offer.
- Your future employer has given an assurance in your employment contract that they will allow you to obtain professional recognition during your stay in Germany.
- The Federal Employment Agency has approved your employment (approval is usually obtained from the Immigration Office).
- You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover without claiming public benefits.
Which documents are required?
- Valid passport
- Current biometric photo
- Visa, if required
- Deficiency notice from the recognition office
- Proof of at least sufficient German language skills at level A2 (language certificate)
- Declaration of employment as proof of a specific job offer (see "Further information")
- Proof that you have sufficient means of subsistence
- Tenancy agreement
- Proof of health insurance
What are the fees?
Issuing a residence permit: EUR 100.00
Fees are charged for the issue of a residence permit. The time and form of payment vary depending on the authority. Under certain conditions, a fee reduction or fee exemption may be possible.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- The residence permit should be applied for at least eight weeks before your valid visa or other residence title expires.
- The residence permit is issued for two years.
About six to eight weeks
- Appeal against the decision of the immigration authority
- Legal action before the court named in the notice of objection if the objection is not upheld.
Applications / forms
- Online procedure occasionally possible
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes
- Federal government portal for skilled workers from abroad
- You can also obtain free advice on the topics of entry, residence and employment from the "Working and Living in Germany Hotline" of the Federal Government's portal for skilled workers from abroad.
Telephone: 030 1815-1111
Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16:00
- Form for the declaration of employment:
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg
Professionally released on