We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a residence permit for the purpose of self-employment
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can apply for a temporary residence permit to take up self-employment.
A residence permit is a residence title. The residence permit can only be issued for a specific purpose, such as taking up self-employment.
You can only apply for a residence permit in person at the aliens' registration office responsible for your place of residence.
- You submit the required documents in the original and pay the application fee.
- The Aliens' Registration Office will check whether the conditions for issuing the permit are met.
- Other authorities may also be involved.
- If all requirements are met, the Aliens' Registration Office will take your biometric data (photo, fingerprints) and order the electronic residence permit (eAT) from Bundesdruckerei GmbH.
- As soon as the eAT is ready, it will be handed over to you by the Aliens' Registration Office.
You can only be granted a residence permit if
- there is an economic interest or a regional need for the activity and
- the activity is expected to have a positive impact on the economy in Germany and
- the financing of the implementation is secured by equity capital or by a loan commitment.
If you have already reached the age of 45, appropriate old-age provision is also required.
Furthermore, the general granting requirements for a residence permit must be fulfilled.
These are in particular
- a secure livelihood,
- a clarified identity,
- possession of a valid national passport.
Which documents are required?
- Valid national passport
- Proof of health insurance;
- Rental contract
- Curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications for previous activities and training (degree certificates, diplomas or certificates)
- Financing plan / business plan
- 1 current biometric photo
- Please enquire at the immigration office responsible for you whether you need to submit further documents.
What are the fees?
Fee: 100,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Application before the expiry of the current residence title. It is recommended to apply 4 to 6 weeks before the current residence title expires.
The residence permit is issued for a maximum of 3 years.
The processing time depends on the workload at the locally responsible foreigners authority.
Section 21(1), (3), (4), first sentence, of the Act on the Residence, Gainful Employment and Integration of Foreigners in the Federal Territory (Residence Act - Aufenthaltsgesetz - AufenthG)
Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the decision rejecting your application.
- Administrative court action
Applications / forms
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: yes
Further information can be found on the Federal Government's portal for skilled workers from abroad
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
Harburg District Office
Residents' Registration Office
Harburg Town Hall Square 1
Fax: 040 427907600
Phone: +49 40 428713849
Federal Ministry of the Interior, for Construction and Home Affairs
Professionally released on