We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The residence permit for employment regardless of the qualification as a skilled worker is a temporary residence permit. You can apply to extend your residence permit if you wish to continue your employment beyond the period of validity of your residence permit.
Apply for an extension of your residence permit at least eight weeks before the expiry date at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
The same conditions apply for the extension of the residence permit as for the issue. In particular, you should be able to present an employment contract or a concrete job offer.
If you were obliged to attend an integration course when your residence permit was first issued, this will be taken into account when your residence permit is extended. If you have not yet taken part in an integration course, the immigration authority may reject your application to extend your residence permit. If you have not yet completed the integration course, your residence permit will generally only be extended for one year at a time until you successfully complete the course or provide proof that you have been integrated into society and social life in another way.
If your residence permit is extended, it will be limited in time again. The residence permit will be extended for the duration of the employment contract.
The residence permit cannot be extended if this was already ruled out when it was issued or when it was last extended.
The extension of your residence permit must be applied for at the foreigners authority responsible for your place of residence.
- Depending on the foreigners authority and your request, it may be possible to apply online. Find out whether your foreigners authority offers electronic application for a residence permit.
- If the application can only be made in person, arrange an appointment with the immigration office.
- During the appointment, your application will be accepted and your supporting documents checked (please bring these with you to the appointment). Your fingerprints will be taken for the issue of the electronic residence permit (eAT).
- In the case of an electronic application, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receiving your online application to arrange an appointment for an interview at the Foreigners' Registration Office. During the appointment, your documents will be checked (please bring them with you to the appointment) and your fingerprints will be taken for the eAT card to be issued.
- If your application is approved, the Foreigners' Registration Office will arrange for the eAT card to be issued.
- After about six to eight weeks, you can collect your eAT card from the Foreigners' Registration Office.
- Fees are charged for the extension of the residence permit. The time and form of payment vary depending on the authority.
The foreigners authority responsible for the applicant's place of residence is responsible for processing the application.
- You have a recognized and valid passport or passport substitute as well as a valid residence permit for employment regardless of your qualification as a skilled worker in accordance with Section 19c (1) of the Residence Act in conjunction with the Employment Ordinance.
- The period of validity of your residence permit will expire in the near future.
- There is no interest in deporting you.
- Your stay does not jeopardize or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
- You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover from your income without claiming public benefits.
- You have a concrete job offer or an employment contract with the same or another employer.
- The Federal Employment Agency has agreed to your taking up employment (approval is usually obtained from the Foreigners' Registration Office if this is required).
Which documents are required?
- Passport or passport substitute
- Residence permit
- Proof of livelihood:
- Copy or original of employment contract (to be submitted only in case of changes)
- Proof of income for the last 3 months
- If changing employer: specific job offer (please use the standardized nationwide employment declaration form) or employment contract
- Current biometric photo
- Current registration certificate
- Tenancy agreement
- Proof of your health insurance
- If you are obliged to attend an integration course: certificate of successful participation in the integration course or other proof of integration efforts
What are the fees?
- Extension of the residence permit for employment regardless of the qualification as a skilled worker:
- for a further stay of up to three months: EUR 96
- for a further stay of more than three months: EUR 93
- Under certain conditions, a fee reduction or fee exemption may be possible.
Note: The residence permit in the form of the electronic residence permit must be reissued for the extension. The fee for reissuing the card body is EUR 67.00.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Extension of the residence permit: no later than eight weeks before your valid residence permit expires
- Objection period: 1 month
about six to eight weeks
§ Section 8 (1) in conjunction with. § Section 19c (1) AufenthG
i. V .m. of the Employment Ordinance
Applications / forms
- Forms: Declaration of employment (standardized nationwide); you can obtain other forms specific to the authorities from your foreigners authority; these may also be available online.
- Personal appearance required: yes
You can also obtain free advice on the topics of entry, residence and employment from the "Working and Living in Germany Hotline" of the Federal Government's portal for skilled workers from abroad.
Telephone: 030 1815-1111
Service hours: Monday to Friday from 8:00 to 16:00
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg
Professionally released on