We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for an extension of a residence permit for the purpose of self-employment
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You are in possession of a residence permit that has been issued to you for a limited period of time to carry out a self-employed activity. You can apply for an extension of your residence permit if the conditions required when it was first issued are still met. An extension of the residence permit is only possible if the maximum period of 3 years has not yet been exhausted.
You can only apply for a residence permit in person at the immigration authority responsible for your place of residence.
- You submit the required documents in the original and pay the application fee.
- The Foreigners' Registration Office checks whether the prerequisites for grant are met.
- If necessary, other authorities will be involved.
- If all requirements are met, the Foreigners' Registration Office will record your biometric data (photo, fingerprints) and order the electronic residence title (eAT) from Bundesdruckerei GmbH.
- As soon as the eAT has been completed, it will be handed over to you by the Foreigners' Registration Office.
The residence permit can only be extended if:
- there is an economic interest or a regional need for the activity, and
- the activity is likely to have a positive impact on the economy, and
- the financing of the implementation is secured by equity capital or by a loan commitment.
Furthermore, the general conditions for issuing a residence permit must be met. These are in particular:
- a secure livelihood
- a clear identity
- Possession of a valid national passport.
Which documents are required?
- Valid national passport
- Proof of health insurance
- Current profit calculation by the tax consultant
- Certificate in tax matters from the competent tax office
- 1 recent biometric photo
- Please ask the Foreigners' Registration Office responsible for you whether further documents need to be submitted.
What are the fees?
Fee: 93,00 - 96,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Application before the expiry of the current residence permit. An interview 4 to 6 weeks before the previous residence permit expires is recommended.
The residence permit plus any extensions are limited to a maximum period of 3 years.
The processing time depends on the workload at the locally responsible immigration office.
§ 21 paragraph 1, paragraph 3, paragraph 4 sentence 1 Act on the Residence, Employment and Integration of Foreigners in the Federal Territory (Residence Act – AufenthG)
§ 8 paragraph 1 Residence Act
Detailed information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the decision rejecting your application.
- Administrative court action.
Applications / forms
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: yes
Further information can be found on the Internet in the Federal Government's portal for skilled workers from abroad
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
District Office Harburg
Harburger Rathausplatz 1
21073 Hamburg, Germany
fax: 040 427907600
Phone: +49 40 428713849
Professionally released on