We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a license plate for electric vehicles
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can apply for the e-license plate for vehicles that have an alternative drive system.
- Pure battery electric vehicles,
- Vehicles that are charged externally via a charging cable, for example plug-in hybrid vehicles, and
- hydrogen-powered vehicles, for example fuel cell cars.
You can recognize an e-license plate by the letter "E" after the general vehicle license plate. If you want to enter environmental zones, you still need an environmental badge.
Advantages for vehicles with an E license plate in road traffic are, for example
- free parking,
- Use of specially designated parking spaces,
- use of the bus lane.
These advantages vary from municipality to municipality. Please ask your local traffic authority what applies to your place of residence. Please note that there are different types of license plates for different purposes. The following cannot be combined with the e-license plate:
- Short-term license plates,
- export license plates and
- red license plates (so-called dealer license plates).
Note: You can save up to EUR 2,000 when purchasing and registering an electric vehicle for the first time if you apply for an environmental bonus.
You can apply for the e-license plate in person at your local registration authority:
- Make an appointment with your local registration authority by telephone or online if possible.
- Bring all the necessary documents and the payment of EUR 27.00 to your appointment.
- Your documents will be checked directly on site.
- If the check is positive, you will receive your personal e-license plate during the appointment.
Who should I contact?
Local competent licensing authorities
The respective local vehicle registration authorities are responsible.
Your vehicle must have an alternative drive or an alternative energy source.
Which documents are required?
- Proof that it is a vehicle within the meaning of the Electric Mobility Act, for example by means of the registration certificate Part I (also known as the vehicle registration document), the certificate of conformity or the data confirmation (COC)
- Registration certificate part I
- Previous license plates, if applicable
- For used vehicles: main inspection report
- Electronic insurance confirmation
What are the fees?
Registration including stamping of the license plates: EUR 27.00
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Applications / forms
Forms: Please ask your local vehicle registration authority for the necessary forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: yes
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure
Professionally released on