We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a permit to operate an X-ray facility or substantially modify the facility for materials testing.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Do you intend to operate an X-ray facility in technical radiography for coarse structure analysis or are you planning to make significant changes to an already existing and approved X-ray facility?
In these cases, approval or renewed approval is required from the responsible radiation protection authority.
For this purpose, you must submit an application for approval and the evidence required for the assessment to the competent authority. The application can be made in writing or electronically.
- You send the application for approval of the operation or modification of an X-ray facility to the competent authority.
- After receipt of the application and the complete documents, the competent authority checks whether the requirements for a license are met.
- After final evaluation by the competent authority, you will receive the decision in the form of a notice.
Department of Radiation Protection at the Ministry of Energy Transition, Climate Protection, Environment and Nature (MEKUN)
You will be granted approval if the respective prerequisites are met. The requirements are met if
- there are no facts that give rise to doubts about the reliability of the applicant, his or her legal representative or, in the case of legal entities or unincorporated associations of persons, the persons authorized to represent or manage the company according to law, the articles of incorporation or the partnership agreement, and, if a radiation protection officer is not necessary, one of the natural persons named has the required expertise in radiation protection,
- there are no facts that give rise to doubts about the reliability of the radiation protection commissioners and they have the required expertise in radiation protection,
- the necessary number of radiation protection commissioners has been appointed for the safe performance of the activity and they have been granted the authority required for the performance of their tasks,
- it is ensured that the persons otherwise engaged in the activity have the necessary knowledge and skills with regard to the possible radiation hazard and the protective measures to be applied,
- there are no facts giving rise to doubts as to whether the personnel necessary for the safe performance of the activity are available,
- it is ensured that the equipment is available and that the measures are taken which, in the case of an activity in accordance with Section 12 (1) No. 4, are necessary in accordance with the state of the art so that the protective regulations are complied with,
- it is not a case of an unjustified type of activity in accordance with a legal ordinance pursuant to Section 6 (3) or if, taking into account a report published in accordance with Section 7 (2), there are no substantial doubts as to the justification of the type of activity, as well as
- other regulations under public law do not conflict with this.
Which documents are required?
In addition to the main permit application, the following documents shall be submitted:
1. plans, drawings and descriptions necessary to verify the conditions of approval,
2. information that makes it possible to check whether
(a) the number of radiation safety officers necessary for the safe performance of the activity is appointed and they are granted the authority necessary for the performance of their duties,
b) it is ensured that the equipment is available and that measures are taken which are necessary according to the state of the art in order to comply with the protection regulations,
3. information that makes it possible to check whether the radiation protection supervisor and the radiation protection officers are reliable and have the required expertise in radiation protection,
4. a copy of a radiation protection instruction, if the issuance of a radiation protection instruction is required,
i.e. in particular:
- Proof of expertise and, if necessary, updates for the radiation protection officer, if no radiation protection officer is available
- Proof of technical knowledge and, if necessary, updates for the radiation protection officer
- Certificate and test report from the expert on the radiation protection test
- Floor plan sketch of the X-ray room and adjacent rooms
- Type approval or CE certificate of conformity (optional)
What are the fees?
Fee: 100,00 - 10000,00 EURPayment in advance: No
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The permit application must be submitted prior to commissioning - dhe X-ray equipment may not be put into operation until the permit has been issued.
What else should I know?
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Department of Radiation Protection in the Ministry for Energy Transition, Climate Protection, Environment and Nature (MEKUN) in Schleswig-Holstein
Professionally released on