We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for a permit under hazardous incident law for the construction and operation or modification of an installation that does not require a permit
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Do you want to construct, operate or modify an installation that does not require a permit and is part of the operating area or is part of an operating area? Then you need a permit if the effects are relevant to an incident.
Does the competent authority determine that your project has an impact relevant to major accidents when examining your previous notification of an accident-relevant construction or modification? Then you also need a permit.
These projects can lead to a significant increase in risk from the installation as a result of the construction or modification or other immission law requirements can no longer be guaranteed.
- If, during the examination of your application for a major accident-relevant construction and operation or the accident-relevant change, the authority comes to the decision that your project requires a permit, you will be informed of this in writing.
- You will then need to submit an application for approval. This can be done in writing or electronically. The application must be accompanied by the documents required for examination.
- Or, without prior notification, you can immediately submit an application for the construction and operation or modification relevant to the accident. This is particularly recommended in cases where you already know from other information that your project requires approval.
- If the application is complete, it will be made public with the documents and published for a period of one month. Within this one-month period, any person or group whose interests are affected by the project may submit their objections to the competent authority.
- As part of the permit review, the competent authority shall also obtain opinions from authorities whose areas of responsibility are affected by the project.
- As soon as the competent authority receives objections and comments within the time limit, it shall assess whether the project fulfils all the conditions.
State Office for the Environment of the State of Schleswig-Holstein
- The installation must not have any harmful effects on the environment that are technically avoidable.
- Unavoidable harmful environmental impacts of the installation must be kept to a minimum in accordance with the state of the art.
- The waste generated during operation of the plant must be disposed of properly.
- Other regulations under public law and occupational health and safety concerns must not conflict with the project.
Which documents are required?
- Application for accident-relevant construction and operation or accident-relevant modification of an installation not requiring a permit
- Required drawings, plans, expert opinions
- Explanations of the installation
- Other documents (if necessary, ask the competent authority)
What are the fees?
Administration fee: free of charge
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Before the system is installed, operated or modified.
Processing time: 6 - 7 MonthsThe competent authority must decide on a modification within six months and on the construction and operation within seven months.
- Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification.
Applications / forms
ELiA stands for "Electronic Immission Control Application" and is an IT solution for applying for the approval of a plant in accordance with the Federal Immission Control Act (BImSchG). With it, you or the engineering offices commissioned by you can create the very extensive application electronically and send it encrypted to the approval authority.
Before filling out the permit application, please take advantage of the opportunity of a consultation with the licensing authority responsible for you (State Office for the Environment (LfU).
ELiA offers a simply structured interface that is clearly structured according to individual forms and is supported by help, sample applications, default settings, key tables and plausibility checks. Saving is possible at any processing stage. The forms have to be processed in order, as there are dependencies between them.
Notes on shipping:
a) Postal dispatch on data carrier - You can send the application file with all attachments on CD, DVD or USB stick to the approval authority.
b) Electronic dispatch as a ZIP file via a secure mailbox (encrypted, possibly signed, automatic)
Note: ELiA is used in the following countries: Berlin, Brandenburg, Bremen, Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Lower Saxony, Saxony, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia.
What else should I know?
Approval is not required if you have already ensured the appropriate safety distance in the spatially significant planning or measure by means of binding specifications.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV)
Professionally released on