We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Authorization to practice for journeymen or journeywomen and skilled workers with qualified professional experience
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Anyone who has passed a journeyman's examination or a final examination in a recognized training occupation and has gained relevant professional experience can become self-employed or take on a managerial role in many trades requiring a license. The professional qualification must have been acquired in the trade that is to be practiced. For certain trades, it is sufficient if the professional qualification was acquired in a related trade, which can be found in the ordinance on related trades.
In addition to a journeyman's or final examination, proof of relevant professional experience is also required, which must have been acquired after the training. At least six years of professional experience is required, of which at least four years must have been in a managerial position. A managerial position can be assumed if the person concerned has been given independent decision-making powers in a company or a significant part of a company, which must be documented by job references, job descriptions or in another suitable manner. The granting of a license to practice for journeymen or journeywomen with qualified professional experience is not possible for chimney sweeps and health trades (opticians, audiologists, orthopaedic technicians, orthopaedic shoemakers, dental technicians).
The Chamber of Skilled Crafts in whose district the main commercial establishment is located is responsible. If this place of business has not yet been determined, the Chamber of Skilled Crafts in whose district the applicant's place of residence is located is responsible.
- You must have passed a journeyman's examination or a comparable final examination in the trade to be practiced.
- You have worked in the trade for at least 6 years after the journeyman's examination.
- Of the 6 years, you must have held a managerial position in a company or a significant part of a company for at least 4 years.
- A managerial position includes independent decision-making powers, which can be proven by job references or job advertisements.
- You have business management, commercial and legal knowledge.
Which documents are required?
- Application for a license to practice
- Proof of identification
- Proof of formal professional qualifications acquired (journeyman's certificate, diploma)
- Proof of at least six years of application-related professional experience, including at least four years in a managerial position. Proof of a managerial position in a company or a significant part of a company can be provided, for example, in the form of job references and job descriptions.
What are the fees?
The specific fee can be found in the Chamber of Crafts' schedule of fees, which is available on the Chamber's website.
which is available on the Chamber's website.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You can only practice a craft requiring a license if you are entered in the register of craftsmen. A license to practice must therefore be applied for in good time.
Legal action can be taken against a rejection of the application. Depending on the federal state in which the application was submitted, a preliminary procedure must first be carried out. Information on the existing legal remedies can be found in the information on legal remedies in the notifications.
Applications / forms
What else should I know?
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
The Senator for Economics, Labor and Europe of the Free Hanseatic City of Bremen