We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for suspension of protection against dismissal during maternity leave, parental leave or nursing care
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you wish to dismiss employees who are subject to special protection against dismissal, you must apply for a declaration of admissibility before giving notice.
The following groups of people are subject to special protection against dismissal:
- during their pregnancy
- up to 4 months after a miscarriage after the 12th week of pregnancy and
- until the end of their protection period after giving birth, but at least until 4 months after giving birth
- Persons on parental leave,
- Persons who care for a dependent relative in accordance with the Caregiver Leave Act or the Family Caregiver Leave Act and take the corresponding (partial) leave of absence for this purpose. You can take care leave and family care leave together for a maximum of 24 months per dependent relative in need of care.
Please note the special features of the different dismissal protection rules for these groups of people:
- For caregiving, protection against dismissal applies not only during the care-related leave of absence, but also as soon as you are notified that you will be unable to work. The protection applies for a maximum of 12 weeks before the announced start date. The protection against dismissal also applies not only when care is provided, but also when care is organized. Under certain conditions, employees can be released from work for up to 10 days for this purpose.
- Protection against dismissal for parents on parental leave begins as soon as the application is submitted. However, at the earliest:
- 8 weeks before the start of parental leave if the child is under 3 years old.
- 14 weeks before the start of parental leave if the child is between 3 and 8 years old.
The competent authority will only grant you permission if a verifiable reason for termination can be provided.
Who should I contact?
State Occupational Health and Safety Authority at the Unfallkasse Nord
- There is a valid reason for termination, such as insolvency, partial closure of the business or a particularly serious breach of duty by the employee.
- You employ employees from one of the 3 groups of people who are subject to a special prohibition on dismissal.
Which documents are required?
- Application for the declaration of admissibility
The competent office may request further information and documents if there are any queries regarding the information provided.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must submit the application before notice of termination is given.
The processing time depends on the complexity of the application and can take considerably longer in individual cases.
What else should I know?
There are no indications or special features.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth (BMFSFJ)
Professionally released on