We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Request image files for labeling tobacco packaging or cigarette packets with text image warnings
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The notices for cigarettes, roll-your-own tobacco and hookah tobacco consist of a health warning including an accompanying picture. One example is: "Smoking causes fatal lung cancer" with a picture of a so-called smoker's lung.
As a mandatory labeling element, the picture warnings must occupy two-thirds of the front and two-thirds of the back of the packaging. They are placed in addition to other general information and warnings such as "Smoking kills".
The image library for designing packaging with combined health warnings for smoking tobacco products is not publicly available. Therefore, you must request the files from the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL).
You may only use the image files in accordance with the European Commission's regulations for use. The technical specifications for layout, design and form of the warnings can be found in the respective implementing decisions of the European Union.
You can request the high-resolution image files for the warning notices in the online procedure or by mail.
- Fill out the online form and select the method of delivery. You can choose between sending the DVD by mail or providing it via a download.
- After logging into your organization account, you can submit the form.
- You can find the form on the website of the Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture - fill it out online or download it first.
- Print out, sign and stamp the completed form and send it by mail to the BVL.
- The BVL will check whether your application is complete and whether your company is eligible to receive the text image warnings.
- After a positive check, you will receive the image files as a DVD by mail or download. Please take shipping and processing times into account in your planning.
The files are obtained exclusively by tobacco companies for the purpose of labeling certain tobacco products or depicting them in advertising.
Which documents are required?
You may need to submit a power of attorney.
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You do not have to meet any deadlines.
Usually 1 to 4 weeks.
No legal remedies are provided.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Confidence level: substantial
Request tobacco package design files online (coming soon)
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture