We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Display spacecraft operation
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
People who work as spaceflight personnel are exposed to increased ionising radiation. If you intend to operate spacecraft and use employees as spaceflight personnel for this purpose in accordance with German labour law, you must notify the Federal Office for Radiation Protection.
The obligation to notify applies if it is to be expected that the effective dose due to cosmic radiation exceeds the value of 1 millisievert per calendar year and person (simple notification).
If the effective dose is expected to exceed the value of 20 millisieverts per calendar year and person, a separate notification is required in addition to the simple notification.
You can notify the operation of spacecraft in writing:
- Write the notification and compile the required evidence.
- Send the documents by post, e-mail or De-Mail to the Federal Office for Radiation Protection.
- The Federal Office for Radiation Protection will check the documents.
- If all the evidence has been provided, you will receive a notification and will be allowed to start operations.
- If the necessary requirements and prerequisites are not fulfilled, the Federal Office for Radiation Protection may request you to take remedial action or, if necessary, prohibit operation. Operations may also be prohibited if there are concerns about the reliability of certain individuals or if certain violations occur.
Note: It is recommended to contact the Federal Office for Radiation Protection before submitting the documents. For example, it is necessary to determine the required number of radiation protection officers in advance in agreement with the Federal Office for Radiation Protection and taking into account the specific requirements in the company concerned.
You must notify the operation of spacecraft if the effective dose from cosmic radiation is expected to exceed 1 millisievert per calendar year per person.
Requirement for additional separate notification: If it is to be expected that an effective dose of 20 millisieverts per calendar year and person may be exceeded.
Which documents are required?
Together with the notification, you must submit the following evidence:
Evidence that you are responsible for the safe performance of the activity.
- have appointed the necessary number of radiation protection officers and
- have granted them the necessary authority
- Proof that each radiation protection officer has the required expertise in radiation protection or
If no person responsible for radiation protection is required, proof that
- the person obligated to report
- their legal representative or
- a person authorised by law, the articles of association or the company statutes to represent the company or to manage it
has the required expert knowledge in radiation protection.
- Proof that the persons otherwise employed in the activity possess the necessary knowledge and skills with regard to radiation hazards and protective measures.
- Plausible explanation of the intended procedure for determining the individual body dose in accordance with the regulations of radiation protection law.
In the case of a separate notification, you must also submit the following evidence:
- Demonstration that the increased exposure is justified,
- Proof that the increased exposure has been discussed with the space-traveling personnel to be used and the authorized physician,
- evidence that the personnel to be deployed have been informed of the doses to be expected, the risks associated with the increased exposure and the precautions to be taken,
- consent of the personnel to be deployed to the increased exposure.
What are the fees?
The costs for your advertisement are calculated according to the time required.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must submit the notification at least 2 months before starting the business.
If all the evidence is provided, you may start the business on receipt of the notification.
You will receive notification of the outcome of the review within 2 months.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety