We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for transfer short-time allowance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If your company has to permanently cut jobs, for example if a department has to be closed for economic reasons, you may be entitled to transfer short-time allowance. The employees affected by the permanent loss of work are grouped together in a company organizational unit. You can receive transfer short-time allowance for these employees.
As the employer or transfer company, you apply for, pay and settle the transfer short-time allowance. This means that you initially pay the wages and salaries to your employees in advance. Your employees do not have to do anything.
The transfer short-time allowance is settled monthly in arrears with the Federal Employment Agency at the payroll office and paid to you retroactively.
The amount of the transfer short-time allowance depends on the respective income of your employees:
- 60 percent of the lost net wage for employees without a child in the household
- 67 percent of the lost net wage for employees with at least one child in the household.
You will receive the transfer short-time allowance
- at the earliest from the calendar month in which the notification of the loss of working hours was received by the employment agency, and
- for a maximum of 12 months.
However, you cannot receive the transfer short-time allowance at the same time as the short-time allowance or the seasonal short-time allowance.
Before you can receive transfer short-time allowance, you may be eligible to participate in a transfer measure. The transfer short-time allowance and the support for transfer measures can be sensibly coordinated. Ask your employment agency for advice on this.
You can apply for transfer short-time allowance in writing and online. The procedure has several stages. First, you contact your employment agency for a transfer consultation. You then report the loss of work and submit the application.
- You take advantage of a transfer consultation with your employment agency.
- You conclude a social plan to reconcile interests.
- You announce to your employees that they will be transferred to a transfer company and that they will receive transfer short-time allowance. A works agreement is often concluded with the works council. If there is no works council, you must obtain the consent of all employees who will be affected.
- You report the loss of jobs in writing to your employment agency (form: Notification of loss of employment in an organizationally independent unit).
- The employment agency checks the notification and decides whether transfer short-time allowance can be granted.
- They calculate the monthly wage and salary payments and the transfer short-time allowance.
- You pay the transfer short-time allowance to your employees and pay the social security contributions.
- You apply for reimbursement of the transfer short-time allowance retroactively each month at your employment agency office (application for transfer short-time allowance and payroll list).
- The employment agency checks the application and the payroll list and transfers the approved transfer short-time allowance. You will receive a written notification.
- Your billed reference periods will be finally checked after the end of your receipt of transfer short-time allowance.
If you want to apply for transfer short-time allowance online:
- You submit the notification of absence from work, the application for transfer short-time allowance and any other documents via the upload service. "Transfer short-time allowance" of the Federal Employment Agency.
- The remaining procedural steps are the same as the written procedure.
- In order to receive transfer short-time allowance, you must first complete a transfer consultation with the employment agency.
- You have to cut jobs due to changes in your company.
- The job cuts in your company are permanent and unavoidable.
- You have reported the job loss to your employment agency (notification of job loss in an organizationally independent unit)
- The affected employees are being looked after in an organizational unit (transfer company).
- The support provided to the employees is documented (transfer folder).
- You support your employees with suitable placement proposals and qualification measures.
- Your employees are at risk of unemployment and have registered as jobseekers.
- There is still an employment relationship subject to compulsory insurance.
- Your employees are not excluded from receiving short-time working benefits.
- As a rule, your employees have already taken part in a measure to determine their integration prospects, such as a job application seminar or further training.
- Your employees are actively involved in job placement.
The transfer short-time allowance must not be used to subsequently re-employ the employees concerned in your business, company or group.
Which documents are required?
Notification of work stoppage, additional:
- If applicable, company agreement with the works council on transfer short-time work
- Statement from the works council, if applicable
- Copy of the applicable collective agreement(s), if applicable
- Social compensation plan, reconciliation of interests
- Sample contract for employees
- Certification of transfer company
Application for transfer short-time allowance, additionally:
- Settlement list for transfer short-time allowance - attachment to benefit application
Any other documents required will be requested by your employment agency.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Before concluding the social plan or reconciliation of interests, you must attend a transfer consultation with the employment agency.
- Action before the social court
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)