We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a permit to carry mail commercially
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If you want to carry letters commercially, you must apply for a permit to do so.
You always need a licence for the commercial transport of letters if you collect, forward or deliver letter mail items. To obtain this licence, you must prove that you have the necessary reliability, ability and expertise.
If you are only carrying mail as an assistant for a licensed postal service provider, you do not need a license. You also do not need a licence if you are transporting letters that are enclosed with another item and relate exclusively to its contents (for example, an invoice).
You can apply for a licence to carry letter mail items in writing or by e-mail:
- Send the completed form together with the other documents to the Federal Network Agency by post or e-mail.
- You will then receive a separate advisory letter asking you to submit further information and documents.
- You will be assigned a contact person for the licensing procedure who will guide you through the process.
- The Federal Network Agency will inform you in writing whether you are granted the licence.
- You must have registered your business
- You must not be overindebted or insolvent
- You must prove that you meet the requirements for reliability, efficiency and expertise
Which documents are required?
- Detailed description of your business idea
- Business registration (copy, current)
- Extract from the commercial register
- Further documents (e.g. certificate of good conduct, information from the commercial central register) on request
What are the fees?
Depending on the scope of the services requested and the type of company: EUR 175 - 700
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
maximum 6 weeks after submission of all documents
Applications / forms
Form: Application for a postal licence
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
What else should I know?
If you deliver letters of no more than 1,000 grams without permission, you can be fined up to 500,000 euros.
Technically approved by
Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, Post and Railway