We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Report price-fixing and other restrictive agreements between undertakings
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Cartels harm the economy as a whole and consumers in particular.
If competitors coordinate their behaviour on a market in order to restrict or eliminate competition, this is known as a cartel. Such agreements between companies are generally prohibited. The Bundeskartellamt prosecutes such cartels and can impose heavy fines on the persons and companies responsible.
If you learn of a cartel you can report it to the Bundeskartellamt. You can also provide information anonymously.
The Bundeskartellamt will then investigate your tip-off and, under certain circumstances, initiate proceedings. If you are involved in the cartel and help to uncover it, you may, under certain circumstances, be able to get out of the cartel without being punished. This is provided that you did not give the tip anonymously and not through the whistleblower system.
Under certain circumstances, restrictive agreements may be exempt from the cartel prohibition. This may be the case, for example, if the agreement improves the production of goods or promotes technical progress and, at the same time, consumers receive a fair share of the resulting benefit. Certain cooperations between small and medium-sized enterprises are also allowed.
If you have insider knowledge or knowledge of illegal agreements, please contact the Bundeskartellamt by telephone or in writing.
- You can also submit anonymous information via the whistleblower system.
The following shall then be involved in the proceedings before the cartel authority
- who has requested the initiation of proceedings;
- cartels, undertakings, trade or professional associations against which the proceedings are directed;
- persons and associations of persons whose interests are substantially affected by the decision and whom the cartel authority has invited to participate in the proceedings at their request.
Which documents are required?
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The processing time can vary depending on the input.
Applications / forms
- Forms: Anonymous whistleblower system of the Bundeskartellamt
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: no
- Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Cartel Office