We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Obtain authorisation for export of unauthorised plant protection products for use on infested plants
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Infested objects are plants, plant products, seeds and other objects which may be carriers of harmful organisms. An acute infestation of these objects is not required, they must only be capable of being infested in principle.
You may use unauthorized plant protection products on infested objects if they are intended for export from Germany and
- different requirements apply in the country of destination or
- the plant protection products are approved for this application in the country of destination.
You must submit an application for approval to the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (BVL). The BVL assesses the risk of the plant protection products in cooperation with the Julius Kühn Institute, the Federal Environment Agency and the Federal Institute for Risk Assessment.
The approval is valid for a maximum of 120 days and may be subject to revocation and may also be reissued.
You must submit an application to the BVL. Proceed as follows:
- Open the BVL website and download the "Application for authorisation to place an unauthorised plant protection product on the market for use on infested objects intended for export".
- Complete the application on your computer, print it out, sign it and send it to the BVL by post or digitally signed by e-mail.
- The BVL will check your application.
- You will receive an approval or rejection by post.
- different requirements apply in the country of destination, or
- the plant protection products for this application are authorised in the country of destination.
Which documents are required?
You must submit the following documents:
- Certificates on the authorisation of the plant protection product in this application in the country of destination.
- Safety data sheet for the plant protection product
What are the fees?
The permit will cost you between EUR 650.00 and EUR 10,800.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You do not have to observe any deadlines for the approval.
The permit is valid for a maximum of 120 days and may be subject to revocation and may also be reissued.
As a rule, it takes 2 months until you receive a notice of approval from the BVL.
- Detailed information on how to file an appeal can be found in the decision on your application.
- Administrative court action
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture