We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Adjusting advance payments to the artists' social security fund
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Künstlersozialkasse can adjust your monthly advance payments if you apply for a change.
You must provide credible reasons as to why you are likely to make significantly lower remuneration payments to self-employed artists or publicists in the current calendar year.
You can submit your application online or by post.
- Call up the online form on the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information, which you can enter electronically.
- Note: You will need a valid ELSTER certificate to log in to the online form.
- You will need approximately 5 minutes to complete the online application.
- First enter your personal details, including your tax number. You will find this on the letter from the Künstlersozialkasse in the top right-hand corner.
- Then please enter the estimated total remuneration for the current year and give reasons for your application.
Notification by post:
- The form "Application for reduction of advance payments" is available on the website of the Künstlersozialkasse in the media center for companies and exploiters.
- Please complete the form in full. This also includes giving reasons for your application.
- Send the completed form to the Künstlersozialkasse. You can also submit an informal application to the Künstlersozialkasse. In any case, please give reasons for your application.
Once the form has been received, the Künstlersozialkasse will check your details. If there are any queries or further documents are required, the Künstlersozialkasse will contact you by post.
If your application is comprehensible:
- You will receive a notification from the Künstlersozialkasse about the amended advance payment. If the recalculation results in advance payments of less than EUR 40.00 per month, these are not payable.
If your application is not comprehensible:
- You will receive a notification from the Künstlersozialkasse that your application has been rejected.
- You have received a statement with fixed advance payments from the artists' social insurance fund or a German pension insurance institution.
- Compared to the previous year, the remuneration paid to self-employed artists and publicists is expected to be significantly lower.
Which documents are required?
- Application for a reduction in advance payments
- You do not need to submit any additional documents.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
You can apply to reduce the advance payments at any time.
You must pay your monthly advance payments by the 10th of the following month.
Example: The advance payment for the month of March must be paid by April 10.
If you do not make your payments on time, the Künstlersozialkasse will levy a monthly late payment surcharge of 1 percent of the arrears.
Detailed information on how to lodge an objection can be found in the notice from the Künstlersozialkasse.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)