We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Suspension of health and long-term care insurance benefits in the event of non-payment of contributions to the artists' social insurance fund
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You are obliged to pay your monthly contributions to the statutory health and social care insurance - i.e. the social insurance contributions - to the Künstlersozialkasse (KSK) on time and in full.
If you do not pay your contributions punctually and in full, this may result in the benefits of the statutory health and long-term care insurance being suspended. In this case, you will have to pay for almost all medical treatment yourself. There are only a few exceptions.
The KSK checks daily whether you pay your contributions to the statutory health and long-term care insurance regularly and on time.
- If you do not pay your contributions in full and on time, the KSK will send you a written reminder.
- If you still do not pay your contributions in full, the KSK will check the amount of the arrears in statutory health insurance and social long-term care insurance contributions separately.
- If contributions are still outstanding after a further reminder, the so-called suspension reminder, you will receive a notice in which the suspension of benefits is determined.
- The KSK will continue to check your contribution payments.
The health and long-term care insurance companies will pay for your medical treatment again as soon as you
- the arrears in contributions and
- any reminder fees and surcharges for late payment.
The benefits of the statutory health and long-term care insurance are suspended if
- you are currently insured for statutory health or nursing care insurance via the KSK,
- you have not paid your contributions to statutory health and nursing care insurance for 2 months, and
- you still have at least one month's contributions in arrears 2 weeks after the suspension was announced by reminder.
Which documents are required?
No additional documentation is required.
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must always pay the contributions under the Artists' Social Insurance Act by the 5th day of the following month.
Incoming payments are checked daily.
Detailed information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the notification.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs