We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Share recipes of tattooing products
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Tattooing products are not cosmetic products, but substances or mixtures that are introduced into or under the human skin, remain there and are intended to influence the appearance. These are for example:
- Tattoo inks
- Permanent makeup
- Agents with which tattoo inks are mixed before use, such as thinners
- Agents for the removal of tattooing agents.
You want to market such agents in Germany? Then you must submit the formulation to the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety before you market these agents in Germany. The notification requirement does not apply to devices such as needles or lasers.
The Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety will forward the formulation and your data to the poison information centers. Your data and prescriptions will be treated confidentially and transmitted in encrypted form. Based on your information, the poison information centers advise tattooed people or the treating medical staff or other professionals in case of health problems.
The notification to the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety does not replace the examination whether your tattooing product is legally compliant or safe. This is the responsibility of manufacturers or importers. The monitoring authorities of the federal states randomly check the tattooing products that are on the market.
The notification for the prescription of tattooing products is done electronically. You can also transmit data for several formulations of a company at the same time:
For data storage and correspondence, the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety assigns a BVL company code for each notifying company.
- If you do not yet have a company code, you can apply for one before notifying the recipe.
- You can apply for the company code in the online procedure or informally by e-mail with your contact details such as company name, address and telephone number.
- Download the spreadsheet document from the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety website, open it in a spreadsheet or word processing program, and fill it out.
- Use the International Nomenclature for Cosmetic Ingredients (INCI) for your notification - if available.
- If no INCI designation is available for an ingredient, please use the usual chemical designation or, in the case of colorants, the CI number (color index).
You can submit your information electronically to the BVL in various ways.
- Access the online form, enter your company code and all other required information and upload the table document with your tattooing product data.
- After logging into your organization account, you can submit the notification on tattoo means.
- Send the table document as an email attachment.
- If required, you can encrypt e-mails.
- If you want to send the spreadsheet document by post, save it on an electronic medium such as a CD-ROM or DVD and then send it.
- Online procedure:
- The BVL will formally check the completeness of your information and contact you with a request for correction if necessary.
- Check the request for correction and inform the BVL of the need for change. If you have no corrections, you do not need to do anything further.
- You will automatically receive a transfer confirmation of your data after about 4 weeks.
- Provided that all information is correct, the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety will transfer your data to the poison information centers.
- You will receive a confirmation of the notification for your records.
They manufacture tattooing products including comparable substances and additives, import them into Germany or place them on the market in Germany.
Which documents are required?
- filled table document with data on tattoo means
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- You must notify the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety of formulations of tattooing products before they are placed on the market in Germany for the first time.
- You must check the correction request of your data within 4 weeks.
As a rule, the procedure takes 1 to 2 months.
You will not be able to appeal.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: yes
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Confidence level: high
Online procedure for the notification of formulations of tattooing products to the Federal Office of Consumer Protection and Food Safety (available soon)
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture