We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Declare removal goods at customs
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
When moving from a country outside the European Union (third country) to a European member state, you can import goods belonging to your household duty-free under certain conditions. Such household effects are also referred to as household effects.
The following are considered household effects
Household goods, that is
- all personal effects,
- household, bed and table linen,
- Appliances intended for your personal use or in your household;
private vehicles of all kinds, for example
- passenger cars,
- Trailers and camping trailers,
- Water sports vehicles,
- sport aircrafts;
- provided they do not exceed the amount customarily kept as stock by one family at the old place of residence,
- pets and riding animals;
- portable instruments;
- Equipment for craft or professional activities, provided you need it to practice your profession.
The following are not considered household effects
- alcoholic products,
- Tobacco and tobacco products,
- commercial vehicles,
- commercially used objects.
When importing, you must also take into account whether there are any licensing requirements or prohibitions in Germany, for example, for weapons and ammunition or animals protected by species.
You must submit the customs declaration in writing:
- Download the form for "Customs declaration for relocation goods" (Form 0350) via the website of the Federal Tax Administration.
Fill out the form completely and sign it.
- when entering the country with relocation goods: hand in your customs declaration at the customs office.
- in postal traffic: enclose your customs declaration in a mailing bag on the package and mark it "relocation goods".
- Customs officials will check your declaration.
- If necessary, further checks will follow, for example an examination of the goods.
- You will receive a copy of the customs declaration.
- You, as a natural person, transfer your usual place of residence to the customs territory of the European Union.
The goods are Übersiedlungsgut within the meaning of customs law. This means, among other things:
- Your habitual residence has existed outside the customs territory of the European Union for at least 12 months prior to the move;
- Exceptions are possible if you can prove that you had at least the intention to live outside the European Union for 12 months or more, for example through an employment contract.
- The goods belong to you or your family;
- You or your family have used non-consumable goods for at least 6 months in your third country of origin;
- The goods are to be further used by you or your family for the same purpose.
- A German customs office can clear the goods as household effects if you take up your new residence - temporarily if necessary - in Germany.
Which documents are required?
Proof is required that you have transferred your usual place of residence to the European Union. The proof can be provided, for example, by
- De-registration certificate from the foreign authority stating how long you have lived outside the European Union
- Certificate from the German registration authority or
- rental contract or
- personal papers or
if necessary, further documents such as
- Invoices, purchase receipts or other proof that you own goods or
- employment contract
in the case of vehicles and aircraft:
- Proof of registration for traffic in the country concerned
- Weapons ownership card
What are the fees?
You can make the customs declaration free of charge.
If you import household effects before you move, you must provide security.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- You must register the household effects within 12 months of the move.
- You can also import the household effects before your move. In this case, you must undertake, among other things, to establish your residence in the customs territory of the European Union within 6 months as part of the customs declaration.
- You may not give the personal property to anyone for 12 months from the date of acceptance of your declaration. For example, you may not give it away, sell it or lend it.
- usually up to about 1 hour
Service regulation Übersiedlungsgut of the Federal Ministry of Finance (Z 0803), paragraph 1
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Finance