We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
apply for a deferred BIN from customs
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
When importing goods into Germany, import turnover tax and customs duties may be incurred. These duties must be paid in full to customs directly upon importation, unless customs grants a deferral of payment. A deferral account is an account approved by your main customs office which you can use to settle your duty debt at a later date.
In the IT procedure ATLAS (Automated Tariff and Local Customs Clearance System), you apply for a deferral of payment by entering the corresponding key in the "Payment type" field in the "General logon data" logon screen. To do this, you authenticate yourself with a special deferral BIN (deferral participant identification number).
The deferral BIN replaces your handwritten signature in ATLAS. It must be entered each time a deferral account is used. A separate BIN is required for each deferral account.
In order to be able to apply for a deferral of payment ("deferral account") in the IT procedure ATLAS, you need a deferral BIN for each deferral account stored under an EORI number (Economic Operators' Registration and Identification number). You can apply for this in writing or electronically.
To apply for the deferral BIN in writing:
- download form 0873 from the Directorate General of Customs website.
- You will find completion instructions when you open the relevant version of the form.
- Complete the form in full and sign it.
- Send the completed application together with the required documents to the Directorate General of Customs by e-mail (PDF document), by post or by fax.
To apply for the deferment BIN via the Customs website:
- Use the electronic Internet application for deferment BIN (IA-ABIN).
- Enter all the required data in the application.
- If necessary, save the interim status of the form data you have already entered as an XML file locally on your computer.
- Submit the complete application data to the Directorate General of Customs using the "Submit application" function.
- Then print out the application, sign it and send it to the Directorate General of Customs by post, fax or e-mail.
To apply for a deferral BIN, you need a deferral account.
Which documents are required?
As a rule, you do not have to submit any documents.
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There are no deadlines to meet.
- 1 to 2 days after receipt of the signed application.
- The postponement BIN is sent in the normal way by post with letters secured against unauthorised opening, so that the postal transit time must be observed.
- If there is urgency, a power of attorney can be used to authorize the responsible office to make an expedited announcement by e-mail, fax or telephone.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: partially
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Finance