We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Disclose unaccompanied cash on entry and exit from a third country in postal and cargo traffic on request
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Customs authorities shall monitor the movement of unaccompanied cash across the borders of Germany with third countries.
Customs officials may require the consignor, consignee or a representative of that person to make a disclosure declaration in respect of unaccompanied cash that is
- in postal packages,
- in courier shipments,
- in unaccompanied baggage, or
- as containerised cargo
into, out of or through the EU. This submission may be made in writing.
- Cash such as banknotes and coins that are valid means of payment.
- Banknotes and coins that are not valid means of payment but can still be exchanged for a currency that is valid means of payment. For example, it is still possible to exchange German marks or Austrian schillings for euros).
- Transferable bearer instruments, such as travellers' cheques, cheques, promissory notes and certain money orders.
- Commodities that have a high value in relation to their volume; these are coins with a gold content of at least 90 percent and gold bars, nuggets or nuggets with a gold content of at least 99.5 percent.
Equated funds include:
- Savings books,
- Precious stones (rough or polished) such as diamonds, rubies, sapphires or emeralds,
- Coins, with a gold content of at least 90 percent, and gold bars, nuggets or nuggets with a gold content of at least 99.5 percent
- Other precious metals such as platinum or silver
You can submit the disclosure declaration in writing to the customs authorities. Cash and/or other funds will be withheld until you do so.
Submit disclosure declaration in writing:
- Go to the German Customs website.
- Download form 040100 and fill out the form completely.
- Print and sign the form and attach all required documents.
- Submit your disclosure statement by mail.
- Upon receipt of your disclosure statement, Customs will verify your information.
- If your information and disclosures are proper, complete and conclusive and there is no reason to believe that the unaccompanied cash may be related to crime or disorder, your unaccompanied cash will be released.
- you send or receive unaccompanied cash with a total value of EUR 10,000 or more and
- you are requested by the customs authorities to submit a disclosure declaration.
Which documents are required?
On request, documents relating to:
- the consignee
- the sender
- or a representative of these persons
- the economic origin and intended use of the cash funds
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
You must comply with the request for a disclosure statement within 30 days.
Your disclosure declaration will be checked after receipt by the customs authorities. Depending on the scope and completeness of the declaration, the processing time ranges from less than 1 hour to several days.
There is no provision for appeal.
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: yes
Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Finance