We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for farm and household help from the agricultural health insurance fund
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can receive benefits for business and household help from the LKK if you are absent due to
- an illness that jeopardizes the management of the company
- hospital treatment,
- an outpatient or inpatient preventive care or rehabilitation measure of the LKK or
- pregnancy and maternity leave.
The LKK ensures that your business or household continues to operate and that your income base is maintained. The benefits for business and household help relate in particular to work that cannot be postponed.
The LKK either provides a qualified specialist for this purpose, which is known as a hired worker. Or you can find a replacement yourself.
The skilled workers provided can be employees of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) or a skilled worker from another organization, for example a machinery ring or a farm help service.
If you try to find a replacement yourself, the LKK will reimburse the costs up to a fixed amount. Maximum amounts apply. Please note that no deployment costs are covered for relatives and in-laws up to the 2nd degree. The replacement employee must also be external to the company. This means that they must not otherwise work in your company or in your household or help out significantly.
If an illness jeopardizes the management of the company, benefits for business and household help are possible for a maximum of 4 weeks. In the case of inpatient treatment, for a maximum of 13 weeks. An extension is only possible due to special circumstances in the company or household. The persistence of the incapacity to work or the illness alone is not sufficient.
You must apply for farm and household help benefits from the Agricultural Health Insurance Fund (LKK) by post, online or by telephone before starting work.
- Download the relevant application form from the Landwirtschaftliche Krankenkasse website or request it by telephone or post and complete it.
- Send the application together with any other required documents to the LKK by e-mail, post or fax.
- You will receive the LKK's decision by post.
Application via online procedure:
- Go to the online portal of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) and log in there.
- Fill in the application form.
- Submit your application online. You will receive the application as a PDF in your online mailbox
- You can now upload the necessary documents digitally as a PDF or JPEG file.
- The LKK will check your application.
- You will receive a written notification in your electronic mailbox at the SVLFG, unless you have expressly selected the postal service.
- Your company reaches the minimum size.
- Benefits for farm and household help are required to maintain the agricultural business or household.
You are insured as an agricultural entrepreneur, agricultural business owner or correspondingly as a
- wife or husband or
- registered civil partner.
You are absent due to
- medically certified illness that jeopardizes the management of the company,
- hospital treatment,
- outpatient or inpatient preventive care or rehabilitation services provided by the LKK or
- pregnancy and maternity leave.
- You cannot apply for farm and household help for activities in ancillary businesses, i.e. non-agricultural parts of the business.
Even if you are insured elsewhere with the agricultural health insurance fund, you may be able to receive household help benefits. For example, if
- it is not possible to continue running the household due to a stay in hospital and
- a child under the age of 14 or a disabled child lives in the household.
- Domestic help is also provided if it is not possible to continue running the household due to pregnancy or childbirth.
- You must submit the application before the start of the assignment.
Which documents are required?
- Application for farm and household help,
- if necessary, a medical certificate of illness that jeopardizes the management of the business. The doctor can use the forms available in the practice for this purpose. The agricultural health insurance fund also provides its own form,
- if necessary, the form "Information on self-procured replacement staff" if you have made your own efforts to find replacement staff;
- SEPA direct debit mandate;
What are the fees?
There are no costs for the application.
If the agricultural health insurance fund provides a qualified replacement, it will cover the costs in full.
If no replacement employee can be provided, the LKK will reimburse the costs for a replacement employee from outside the company organized by you in a fixed amount. The actual cash benefits incurred are taken into account, in particular the remuneration for the work and travel costs. Benefits in kind, such as benefits in kind, are not taken into account. Maximum amounts apply for reimbursement.
Proven expenses are reimbursed up to a maximum daily amount of 2.95 percent of the applicable monthly reference value, rounded up or down to the nearest even euro amount.
In certain cases, you must make an additional payment for each day of use. If your personal limit is exceeded, you can be exempted from this obligation.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Benefits for business and household help are possible from the day of application at the earliest. If the application is initially made informally, you should submit the completed application form and any other necessary documents within 14 days.
You will find further information on how to lodge an objection in the notification of your application
- Legal action before the social court after an unsuccessful appeal
What else should I know?
There are no indications or special features.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Food and Agriculture (BMEL)