We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a grant for the energy renovation of existing residential buildings
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can receive a grant of up to EUR 48,000 for the following measures:
- Energy-efficient renovation of your residential building to a KfW Efficiency House.
If you buy refurbished housing, the costs of the energy refurbishment can also be subsidized. For this purpose, these costs must be shown separately (for example, in the purchase contract).
You will not receive any subsidies
- if the building application for your building or apartment was submitted after January 31, 2002,
- for personal contributions,
- for vacation homes, vacation apartments and weekend homes,
- for follow-up financing of projects that have already been started or completed,
- for photovoltaic systems,
- if you have already started the building project before submitting the application.
There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency house standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your house is and the less energy you need.
The amount of the repayment subsidy depends on the KfW Efficiency House standard of your building. The following standards are eligible:
KfW Efficiency Building 55:
- You receive 40 percent of the eligible costs as a subsidy, with a
maximum EUR 48,000 subsidy for each residential unit.
KfW efficiency building 70:
- You receive 35 percent of the eligible costs as a grant and a maximum of
a maximum grant of EUR 42,000 for each residential unit.
KfW efficiency building 85:
- You receive 30 percent of the eligible costs as a subsidy and a maximum of
a maximum grant of EUR 36,000 for each residential unit.
KfW efficiency building 100:
- You receive 27.5 percent of the eligible costs as a subsidy and a maximum of
a maximum grant of EUR 33,000 for each housing unit.
KfW efficiency building 115:
- You will receive 25 percent of the eligible costs as a subsidy, with a maximum of
a maximum grant of EUR 30,000 for each residential unit.
KfW Efficiency Building Monument:
- You will receive 25 percent of the eligible costs as a grant and a maximum of
- a maximum grant of EUR 30,000 for each residential unit.
All costs incurred in carrying out the renovation are eligible for funding. You will also receive funding for measures to prepare, implement and commission the refurbishment measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
Upper limits on eligible costs:
- For refurbishments to KfW Efficiency House, up to a maximum of EUR 120,000 for each residential unit,
You must involve an energy efficiency expert in the refurbishment.
You will only receive the grant once you have completed your refurbishment measure. To do this, you must prove that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard.
You must keep all invoices and documents related to the refurbishment measure.
Applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You do not have a claim to the approval of the subsidy.
You submit the application for funding online in the KfW grant portal.
- Visit the website of the German Energy Agency (dena) to find an energy efficiency expert in your area.
- You discuss the planning and monitoring of your renovation measure with the expert. This expert checks the eligibility of your measure and prepares the confirmation of application (BzA). The expert will send you the identification number (ID) of the BZA (BzA-ID).
Submit your application for funding online at the KfW grant portal. To do this, you must first register and provide the following information:
- Enter personal data,
- define password,
- define security question,
- complete registration.
- After sending your application, you will receive a reply from KfW within a few seconds.
- You can then immediately begin with the implementation of your renovation measure.
You must identify yourself in order for KfW to pay you the grant. You have three procedures to choose from for this:
- Video identification or
- SCHUFA identity check.
- Follow the instructions on the KfW grant portal to complete the identity check.
- When everything is shot, your energy efficiency expert will hand you the confirmation after execution (BnD).
- You upload the confirmation after implementation (BnD) and all invoices for the refurbishment measure online in the KfW grant portal.
- If all requirements are met, KfW transfers the grant to your account.
Eligible applicants are:
- Private individuals who are owners of a single-family or two-family house with a maximum of two residential units or an apartment
- private persons who are buyers of a renovated single-family or two-family house or a renovated apartment
- A homeowners' association consisting of private individuals
- You must submit your application before starting your renovation project
- the building application for your building or apartment must have been submitted before 1.2.2002
- your renovation measure must meet minimum technical requirements
- a specialized company must carry out the renovation
- an expert for energy efficiency must plan and accompany your renovation measure. this expert must be registered in the expert list for federal subsidy programs
Your energy efficiency expert must be financially independent. Your expert is independent if
- he is not the owner, partner or employee of your contracted construction company or supplier
- he or she has not been commissioned by your construction company or supplier, and
- he does not act as an agent for deliveries or services.
Which documents are required?
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Confirmation of application (BzA)
For condominium owners' associations:
- Power of attorney for application in the KfW grant portal
- List of owners (natural persons) with name and address
- If applicable, confirmation from the municipality that the building is classified as another building structure particularly worthy of preservation.
When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation (BnD)
Your energy efficiency expert will issue the confirmation of application (BzA) and the confirmation after implementation (BnD).
What are the fees?
- not applicable
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Application: before the start of the measure
- Disbursement: the confirmation after implementation must be submitted no later than 36 months after KfW's approval.
for processing the application:
- Immediately, if the test can be completed directly
- otherwise 1 to 7 days
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your grant.
Applications / forms
- Forms: no
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)