We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy for new construction or purchase of energy-efficient commercial buildings
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can get a loan of up to EUR 25 million for the following measures:
- New construction or purchase of energy-efficient commercial buildings that meet the requirements for a KfW efficiency building,
- energy-efficient extension of commercial buildings that do not yet fall within the scope of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV), but which, after the extension, meet the requirements for a KfW Efficiency Building,
- energy-efficient extension of commercial buildings by more than 50 square metres that meet the requirements for a KfW Efficiency Building.
The subsidy covers measures for the preparation, implementation and commissioning of the subsidised measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
You will not receive any funding
- if you do not use the building exclusively for commercial purposes (for example, you also live there),
- for commercial buildings with oil-fired heating,
- if you rent or lease the building for residential use,
- for holiday homes and holiday apartments,
- for commercial buildings used mainly for agricultural purposes,
- if you've already started the measure before you apply.
There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency building standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your building is and the less energy you need. The following standards are eligible for funding:
- KfW Efficiency Building 55,
- KfW efficiency building 70.
If you carry out your measure in accordance with the KfW Efficiency Building 55 standard, you can receive a repayment subsidy of 5 percent of the loan amount, up to a maximum of EUR 50 per square metre of net floor area.
If you carry out your measure in accordance with the KfW Efficiency Building 70 standard, you will not receive a repayment subsidy.
You will only receive the repayment subsidy once you have completed your measure and provided KfW with evidence of its implementation. To do this you must prove
- that you have used the money for the measure applied for,
- that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard.
You must keep all documents related to the eligible costs.
Applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to the grant.
You must submit your application through a financing partner.
- Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. Find an energy efficiency expert near you on the website of the German Energy Agency (dena).
- Fill out the application confirmation online - preferably together with your expert.
- Talk to your financing partner (for example, the bank where you want to take out your financing) about including a subsidised loan. They will advise you on which documents are required and will submit the application to KfW on your behalf.
- Once KfW has approved your application for funding, you conclude a loan agreement with your financing partner.
- As soon as the approval for your subsidy has been received, you can begin with the construction work or conclude the purchase contract.
- Depending on the progress of construction, your financing partner will pay you the loan in one sum or in instalments.
When you have completed the measure, you must provide proof to your financing partner,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the planned measure and
- that your measure meets the standard for KfW-efficient buildings.
- Your financing partner checks and confirms your evidence and forwards it to KfW.
- If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for additional grants from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for advice from an energy efficiency expert.
Applications may be submitted by:
- domestic and foreign commercial enterprises, the majority of which are privately owned
- freelance professionals, e.g. doctors, tax consultants, architects
- Companies that provide (energy) services to commercial buildings under a contracting agreement.
- it must be a commercially used building
Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
KfW efficiency building 55
- KfW efficiency building 70
- KfW efficiency building 55
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of Section 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
Which documents are required?
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Confirmation of application
Declaration on the size of your company
Simplified self-declaration for SMEs (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent enterprises without links to other enterprises
- Self-declaration SME (KfW form number 600 000 0196) with information sheet on SME definition
- Simplified self-declaration for SMEs (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent enterprises without links to other enterprises
If you are applying for funding with "de minimis" support, the following information is also required:
- Annex "De-minimis" declaration by the applicant on "de-minimis" aid already received (KfW form number 600 000 0075)
When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after completion
What are the fees?
- Not applicable
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Application before the start of construction work
- Call period of the loan: within 12 months after approval, an extension to a maximum of 36 months is possible.
- Commitment fee: you do not pay a commitment fee for the first 12 months after the loan is approved
- Proof of use of funds: within 15 months after full disbursement of the loan
- Processing of the application by KfW: usually 3 to 5 days.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your funding.
KfW funding takes the same amount of time as standard construction or real estate financing for companies. Your financing advisor will inform you about his current processing times.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes (depends on the procedure at the financing partner)
You can obtain all the necessary documents from your financing partner. The KfW application is submitted by your financing partner.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)