We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy for the new construction or purchase of energy-efficient non-residential buildings in the municipal and social infrastructure sector
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can receive a loan of up to EUR 25 million for the following measures:
- New construction or purchase of energy-efficient non-residential buildings of municipal and social infrastructure that meet the requirements for a KfW efficiency building,
- extension of non-residential buildings of municipal and social infrastructure which do not yet meet the requirements of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV)
- energy-efficient extension of non-residential buildings of municipal and social infrastructure by more than 50 square metres that meet the requirements for a KfW Efficiency Building.
The subsidy covers measures for the preparation, implementation and commissioning of the subsidised measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
No funding is available
- if the non-residential building has an oil heating system,
- for lease financing,
- for personal contributions,
- for rooms used for religious worship,
- for investments by political parties,
- for debt rescheduling of projects already completed and financed,
- if you have already started with the measure before applying.
There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency building standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your building is and the less energy you need. The following standards are eligible for funding:
- KfW Efficiency Building 55,
- KfW efficiency building 70.
If you carry out your measure in accordance with the KfW Efficiency Building 55 standard, you can receive a repayment subsidy of 5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 50 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
If you carry out your measure in accordance with the KfW Efficiency Building 70 standard, you will not receive a repayment subsidy.
You will only receive the repayment subsidy once you have completed your measure and provided KfW with proof that it has been carried out. To do this you must prove
- that you have used the money for the measure applied for,
- that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard.
You must keep all invoices and documents related to the measure.
Applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to the grant.
You must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
- You can find an energy efficiency expert in your area on the website of the German Energy Agency (dena).
- Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert.
- Fill out the application confirmation online - preferably together with your expert.
- Talk to your financing partner (for example, the bank where you want to take out your financing) about including a subsidised loan. They will advise you on which documents are required and will submit the application to KfW on your behalf.
- Once KfW has approved your application for funding, you conclude a loan agreement with your financing partner.
- As soon as the approval for your subsidy has been received, you can begin with the construction work or conclude the purchase contract.
- Depending on the progress of construction, your financing partner will pay you the loan in one sum or in instalments.
When you have completed the measure, you must provide proof to your financing partner,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the planned measure and
- that your measure meets the standard for KfW-efficient buildings.
- Your financing partner checks and confirms your evidence and forwards it to KfW.
- If KfW has also checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment subsidy as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for grants from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for advice from an energy efficiency expert.
Applications may be submitted by:
- Companies with at least 50 percent municipal shareholders
- non-profit organizations and churches
- Companies and natural persons in the context of public-private partnerships.
Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
KfW Efficiency Building 55
- KfW efficiency building 70
- KfW Efficiency Building 55
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of Section 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
Which documents are required?
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Confirmation of application
Declaration of the size of your company:
Simplified self-declaration for SMEs (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent enterprises without links to other enterprises
- Self-declaration SME (KfW form number 600 000 0196) with information sheet on SME definition
- Simplified self-declaration for SMEs (KfW form number 600 000 0095) for independent enterprises without links to other enterprises
when applying for funding with "de minimis" support, the following additional information is required:
- Applicant's de minimis declaration on de minimis aid already received (KfW form number 600 000 0075)
- Cumulation declaration
in the case of funding under the General Block Exemption Regulation (GBER):
- Attachment Eligible additional investment costs
When you have completed your measure, you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation
- Proof of use
What are the fees?
- Not applicable
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Application: before the start of the measure
- Call deadline for the loan: within 12 months of the loan commitment, in one sum or in instalments.
- Evidence of use of funds: within 15 months after full disbursement of the loan.
- for processing the application: usually 3 to 5 days.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your funding.
KfW funding takes the same amount of time as normal construction or real estate financing for companies. Your financing advisor will inform you about his current processing times.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: yes (depends on the procedure of the financing partners)
You will receive all the required documents from your financing partner. The KfW application is submitted by your financing partner.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)