We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy for municipal bodies for the energy-efficient refurbishment of non-residential buildings in the municipal and social infrastructure sector.
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) promotes measures to increase energy efficiency.
You can receive a loan of up to EUR 25 million for the following measures:
Energy-efficient refurbishment of a non-residential building in the municipal and social infrastructure into a KfW efficiency building.
- Individual measures to improve the energy efficiency of non-residential buildings in the municipal and social infrastructure:
- Insulation of walls, roof surfaces, storey ceilings and floor surfaces,
- renewal and upgrading of windows, curtain walls, external doors and gates,
- measures to improve summer thermal insulation,
- installation, replacement or optimisation of air-conditioning and ventilation systems,
- initial connection to local or district heating,
- Renewal or optimisation of heat/cold distribution and storage,
- renewal or optimisation of heat/cold generation,
- replacement and/or optimisation of lighting,
- Installation or optimisation of measurement and control technology and building automation.
The funding covers measures for the preparation, implementation and commissioning of the funded measure, such as ancillary work or planning costs.
You will not receive any subsidies
- for the costs of a heat generator based on the energy source oil,
- for cash loans and debt rescheduling of projects that have already been completed and financed,
- if you have already started with the measure before submitting the application.
There is a benchmark for energy-efficient buildings, the KfW efficiency building standard. The lower the number, the more efficient your building is and the less energy you need.
The following standards are eligible for funding:
- KfW Efficiency Building 70,
- KfW efficiency building 100,
- KfW efficiency building for listed buildings.
The amount of the repayment subsidy depends on the KfW Efficiency Building standard of your measure:
KfW Efficiency Building 70: You receive a repayment subsidy of 27.5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 275 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
KfW Efficiency Building 100: You receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
KfW Efficiency Building Monument: You will receive a repayment subsidy of 17.5 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 175 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
- For individual measures you receive a repayment subsidy of 20 percent of the loan amount. You can receive a maximum repayment subsidy of EUR 200 for each square metre of renovated net floor area.
You will only receive the repayment subsidy once you have completed your measure and provided KfW with proof that it has been carried out. To do this you must prove
- that you have used the money for the measure applied for,
- that you have achieved the KfW efficiency building standard or the energy savings.
You must keep all invoices and documents related to the measure.
Applications for funding are processed by the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
You are not entitled to the grant.
you must submit the application for funding in writing to the Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau (KfW).
Plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. Before submitting your application, this expert must confirm that your measure is
- meets the minimum technical standards and
- achieves an energy saving.
- Complete the application form. Send the application form together with the other required documents by post to the KfW branch office in Berlin.
- You must also identify yourself in accordance with the Money Laundering Act. To do this, complete the form "Identification in accordance with the Money Laundering Act" and have it certified by an identifying body. The identifying body forwards the form directly to KfW.
- KfW will check whether your planned measure meets all the requirements and whether you can provide the necessary collateral. You will then receive a letter from KfW by post with a loan offer.
- Fill in the declaration of acceptance and send it to KfW by mail or fax.
- KfW will send you a written confirmation. Fill in the Call Form and send it to KfW by post or fax. KfW will pay you the loan amount. You start implementing the measure,
Once you have completed the measure, you must prove to KfW,
- that you have spent the money from the loan on the measure and
- that your measure has reached the standard for KfW efficient buildings or has achieved energy savings.
- You send this evidence to KfW.
- Once KfW has checked the evidence, you will receive the repayment grant as a credit to your loan account. This reduces your loan term.
Municipalities and non-profit organisations can apply for funding from the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for energy advice.
Applications may be submitted by
- local authorities
- legally dependent municipal undertakings of local authorities
- associations of local authorities
- special-purpose associations that can be treated like municipal territorial authorities
- You must provide evidence of the collateral required for municipal loans.
Your measure must meet the requirement for the following standards:
KfW efficiency building 70
KfW efficiency building 100
KfW Efficiency Building Monument
- in the case of individual measures: achieve an energy saving
- KfW efficiency building 70
- You must plan your measure with an energy efficiency expert. This expert must meet the requirements of Section 21 of the Energy Saving Ordinance (EnEV).
Which documents are required?
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- Identification in accordance with the Money Laundering Act
- Confirmation of application
- Summary project description
in case of application by municipal associations and special-purpose associations:
- Wording and publication of the current association meeting
- Current list of members
- Overview of existing participations
If you have completed your action, then you must submit the following documents:
- Confirmation after implementation
What are the fees?
- Not applicable
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Application: before the start of the measure
- Call deadline for the loan: within 12 months of the loan commitment, in one sum or in instalments.
- Evidence of use of funds: within 9 months after full disbursement of the loan.
- for the processing of the application: usually 3 to 5 working days.
You can start implementing the measure immediately after you have been approved for your grant.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)