We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a grant for energy optimisation of plants and processes
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) supports measures to increase energy efficiency in companies.
The funding is open to all technologies; funding is provided in particular for:
- Process and procedure conversions to efficient technologies and energy optimisation of production processes,
- waste heat utilisation,
- measures on systems for heat supply, cooling and ventilation, if these are used directly for production processes,
- energy-efficient provision of process heat or cooling,
- avoidance of energy losses in the production process.
You will not receive any subsidies
- for measures required by law,
- if you have already started the measure before submitting the application.
The amount of the grant depends on the size of your company and the energy saved:
Small and medium-sized enterprises (up to 249 employees and annual turnover not exceeding EUR 50 million or balance sheet total not exceeding EUR 43 million):
- up to 40 percent of the eligible costs,
- up to EUR 700 for each tonne of carbon dioxide saved per year.
large companies (250 and more employees and annual turnover more than EUR 50 million or balance sheet total higher than EUR 43 million):
- up to 30 percent of eligible costs,
- maximum of EUR 500 for each tonne of carbon dioxide saved annually.
Eligible costs are:
- All costs for the implementation of the measure,
- ancillary costs for planning and installation,
- costs for the preparation of an energy saving concept and the monitoring of the implementation by an external energy consultant.
You can receive a maximum grant of EUR 10 million.
You will only receive the grant once you have completed your measure. To do this, you must prove
- that you have spent the money on the measure,
- that the measure technically fulfils its purpose.
You must keep all invoices and receipts related to the eligible costs.
Applications for subsidies are processed by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
You are not entitled to the grant.
Reference to further funding opportunities of the programme:
You can also apply for a loan via the funding programme "Federal funding for energy efficiency in industry" (apply for a loan with a repayment subsidy for energy optimisation of plants and processes).
You must submit the application for funding directly online to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA).
- Fill out the electronic application form on the BAFA website. Upload the required documents in the upload area and submit the complete application.
- You will directly receive an e-mail that your application has been received by BAFA.
- BAFA will check your application and decide on the funding.
- You will then receive notification by post from BAFA as to whether your grant is approved.
- You begin with the implementation of the measure.
Once you have completed the measure, you must provide proof that it has been carried out. To do this, you fill out a proof online on the BAFA website. You still need to upload the following documents in the upload area:
- A confirmation from the energy consultant that the measures have been implemented in accordance with the savings concept,
- the invoices for the measures.
- Send the complete proof.
- Once BAFA has checked your proof, you will receive your grant.
It is best to seek advice from an energy efficiency expert before submitting your application for funding.
Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) can apply for additional grants for the advice from BAFA in the programme "Bundesförderung für Energieberatung im Mittelstand".
Applications may be submitted by
- domestic and foreign commercial enterprises that are majority privately owned
- municipal enterprises
- freelance professionals
- contractors who implement energy efficiency measures
- Your company must have its registered office or a branch in Germany
- The savings concept must be prepared by an energy consultant who is approved by the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA) for the funding programme "Federal funding for energy consulting in small and medium-sized businesses".
- the costs of your measure may only be refinanced by the saved energy costs after at least 2 years without funding
- the subsidised measure must be implemented in Germany and operated for at least 3 years
If your company has an energy or environmental management system certified according to DIN EN ISO 50001 or EMAS, you can also create the savings concept yourself.
Which documents are required?
When submitting your application, you must submit:
- "Savings Concept" form
depending on the type of funding:
- "De minimis": "De minimis" declaration
- General Block Exemption Regulation (AGVO): reference offer for measure
You will find further details on the required documents in the electronic application form or in the general leaflet on how to apply.
If you have completed your measure, then you must submit the following documents:
- Specialist contractor declaration
- Confirmation after implementation
- Invoices for the measure
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- until 31.12.2022
- before the start of the measure
- Implementation of the measure: as a rule within 24 months of the decision granting the funding
- Proof of implementation of the measure: within 3 months after the end of the approval period.
- Processing of the application: 1 to 3 months
You can only start the measure once you have received a decision on the approval.
If you nevertheless want to start earlier, you can apply for this using the "Application form for early start of measure". However, you must wait to see whether the application is approved before you start your measure.
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: yes
- Written form required: yes
- Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi)