We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for short film award SHORT TIGER
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The German Federal Film Board (FFA) awards the SHORT TIGER short film prize annually. Each year, a jury of experts awards the SHORT TIGER prize to up to 5 short films with a length of up to 5 minutes.
All nominated short films receive a prize money of EUR 5.000. The prize money is earmarked. The winners can use it for the production or preparation of a new film. In addition, the short films will be included in the Short Film Distribution Hamburg.
The SHORT TIGER winning short films will become part of the NEXT GENERATION SHORT TIGER programme at the Cannes International Film Festival. In the following months the programme will be shown worldwide
- festivals organized by German Films and other international festivals.
- and other international festivals
Please submit your proposal for the SHORT TIGER short film award in writing to AG Kurzfilm or to German Films via your university.
The German Federal Film Board (FFA) and the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM) offer further opportunities for film funding.
You must submit your proposal for the SHORT TIGER short film award in writing to German Films (universities) and AG Kurzfilm (independent filmmakers).
- Download the form for submitting your proposal from the FFA, German Films or AG Kurzfilm website.
- Fill out the application and sign it.
- Send the form and a password-protected streaming link (no download) to AG Kurzfilm.
- Send the form and your short film as MPEG4/H.264 video file (Per download or on data carrier) or on 2 DVDs to German Films.
- A jury of experts will decide on the nomination of your short film.
- The best German short films will be awarded the FFA SHORT TIGER at an event in spring and will then be part of the NEXT GENERATION SHORT TIGER programme at the Cannes International Film Festival.
Proposals for an award can be submitted by
- German film schools
- German technical and art colleges with film education
- AG Kurzfilm - German Short Film Association
- the short film must not be longer than 5 minutes.
- Directors must not be older than 35 years at the time of submission.
Which documents are required?
With the proposal you must submit:
Your short film as
- Streaming link or
- video file or
What are the fees?
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- Submission of proposals: variable, the call for proposals will be published in the press
The exact submission date varies each year.
- Selection of films: 2 to 3 months after submission
- Award ceremony: 4 to 5 months after submission
- Premiere in Cannes: 6 months after submission
Applications / forms
- Forms: yes
- Online procedure possible: no
- Written form necessary: yes
- personal appearance: no
Technically approved by
The Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media (BKM)