We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Register a new business or self-employment in agriculture, forestry or horticulture
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The agricultural accident insurance insures:
- self-employed activities in agriculture, forestry or horticulture included
- assisting spouses and life partners
- employees and
- working family members
Accident insurance covers accidents at work and on the way to and from work as well as occupational diseases.
As an entrepreneur, you are responsible for the registration as well as the payment of the contribution. For the registration you have to inform the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG) about the following:
- Type and object of the business
- the date of opening or the date of commencement of preparatory work for the enterprise, and
- Location of the enterprise
The following enterprises fall under the jurisdiction of the Agricultural Employer's Liability Insurance Association (LBG), which is part of the SVLFG:
Enterprises in agriculture and forestry including:
- of horticulture and viticulture
- of fish farming
- pond farming
- lake, stream and river fishing (inland fishing)
- beekeeping and
- landscape conservation serving the goals of nature conservation and environmental protection.
- agricultural and forestry contractors
- livestock enterprises without land cultivation
- gardening and landscaping companies as well as garden maintenance companies
- Hunting enterprises
- Private park and garden maintenance companies
If you register your business with the locally responsible trade office, separate registration for accident insurance is usually not necessary. The business registration is automatically forwarded to the accident insurance.
Under the law, entrepreneurs of agricultural, forestry and horticultural businesses are compulsorily insured with the LBG.
Note: Only one accident insurance institution is responsible for your company, even if your company has components in different industries. The main focus of the company is decisive. There is no right of choice.
Registration with the SVLFG is automatic for companies subject to notification under the Trade Regulation Act. The trade office forwards the data from the trade notification digitally to the agricultural employers' liability insurance association.
- In addition, you can register online or in writing with the SVLFG.
- You will receive further information from the SVLFG by mail.
- If necessary, the SVLFG will ask for further information about your company so that the registration can take place.
In all other cases, you can register online or in writing with the SVLFG. This concerns in particular the soil cultivating enterprises of the agriculture and the horticulture.
If you want to make the registration online:
- Call up the SVLFG service portal. In the media center of the service portal you will find the registration form.
- Complete the registration form in full and submit it via the service portal.
- You will receive the admission documents and information material once the admission investigations have been completed.
If you wish to apply in writing:
- Submit the application informally or
- download the application form from the SVLFG website and print it out.
- Send the completed application form to the SVLFG by mail, e-mail or fax.
- The SVLFG will review your application.
- You will then receive the admission documents and information material.
There is a reporting obligation in the case of:
- New establishment of a company
- Change in the form of business or activity
Which documents are required?
Initially, you do not have to submit any documents for the application. In individual cases, the SVLFG will request documents from you after registration.
What are the fees?
There is no cost to you for reporting.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
- within 1 week from the start of the company or activity
For detailed information on how to lodge an appeal, please refer to the decision of the accident insurance institution.
- Action before the social court
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)