We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Receive a pension from the agricultural accident insurance
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As an insured person, you can receive a pension from agricultural accident insurance in the event of
- long-term reduction in earning capacity (MdE)
- as a result of an insured event: accidents at work, commuting accidents and occupational illnesses
The MdE indicates the extent to which work opportunities are restricted. This does not take into account your previous activity, but the entire area of working life. In the case of young insured persons, the MdE is based on the effects that would result for adults with the same health impairment.
The amount of the pension depends on
- the level of MdE and
- The JAV is the total amount of wages and earned income in the 12 months prior to the month in which the insured event occurred.
The pension is calculated differently for certain groups of people. The amount of the pension is based on the so-called average annual earnings (dJAV), taking into account possible age reductions for
- agricultural entrepreneurs and their wives and husbands
- their wives and husbands or life partners
For severely injured persons (MdE of 50 percent and more), the JAV is increased for pensions for an indefinite period:
- by 25 percent for a MdE of 50 to 74 percent
- by 50 percent for a MdE of 75 to 100 percent
- does not apply to provisional pensions
For assisting family members without an employment contract, the JAV is also based on the so-called reference figure. The reference figure is based on the average income in Germany and changes annually.
A lower JAV is set for minors.
The JAV is reduced for family members working permanently in the company without an employment contract. The extent to which the JAV is reduced depends on how old the person is at the time of the insured event.
Agricultural accident insurance benefits are generally determined ex officio. As a rule, you therefore do not need to submit an application.
Insured persons are entitled to a pension if
- their reduction in earning capacity (MdE) as a result of one or more insured events
- beyond the 26th week after the insured event
- at least 20 percent
after the insured event.
For the following groups of persons, the reduction in earning capacity must be at least 30 percent for entitlement to a pension:
- agricultural entrepreneurs and
- their wives and husbands or life partners and
- family members working on a permanent basis
Which documents are required?
You do not need to submit any documents.
What are the fees?
There are no costs.
For detailed information on how to lodge an objection, please refer to the decision of the Landwirtschaftliche Berufsgenossenschaft (LBG).
- Legal action before the social court
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: No
Online services available: No
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)