We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Registering an employee family member (Mifa) with the agricultural health insurance fund or long-term care fund and the agricultural old-age insurance fund
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
If your family members are employed full-time in your agricultural business, you can register them with the Agricultural Health Insurance Fund (LKK) or the Agricultural Care Insurance Fund and the Agricultural Old-Age Insurance Fund (LAK). Registration takes place via the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture (SVLFG).
If Mifas are subject to compulsory insurance with the LKK, they are also automatically insured with the agricultural long-term care insurance fund.
Mifas are relatives up to the 3rd degree and in-laws up to the 2nd degree as well as your foster children or your spouse or life partner.
As an agricultural entrepreneur, you must pay the membership fees incurred.
Your family members working with you must be employed full-time in your company. An activity is considered to be the main occupation if the main occupation principles of the health insurance fund are fulfilled. This means that a person works full-time if
- they work more than 20 hours per week in the company or
- their salary exceeds the salary limit.
You can apply for insurance online, by telephone, in writing or in person. You will receive a letter from the SVLFG with all further information to clarify the other requirements for insurance. You will also receive a questionnaire in which you provide all other information required to determine your insurance obligation.
You can submit your application to the Landwirtschaftliche Krankenkasse/ (LKK) and Landwirtschaftliche Alterskasse (LAK) online, in writing, by telephone or in person:
If you wish to submit the application online:
- Call up the SVLFG service portal.
- If necessary, register on the service portal.
- Fill in the web form and upload the necessary supporting documents via the mailbox function.
- Once your details have been confirmed, your data will be transmitted online to the SVLFG.
- The SVLFG will check whether you are required to submit an application.
If you would like to submit the application in writing:
- Go to the SVLFG service portal.
- Download the application form.
- Complete the form in full and compile the required documents.
- Send your completed and signed application with the required documents by post to the SVLFG.
If you would like to submit the application in person during a consultation:
- Compile the documents required for the application.
- Make an appointment with the Agricultural Pension Fund or an advice center of the Social Insurance for Agriculture, Forestry and Horticulture.
If you would like to make the application by telephone:
- Call the SVLFG service number and ask to be put through to the person responsible for processing your application.
- Your application will be recorded there
You will receive the form required for the complete application by post or electronically.
Note: A person you trust can also provide the necessary information for you. Please submit a corresponding power of attorney to your agricultural health insurance fund or old-age insurance fund. As long as the power of attorney is valid, your agricultural health insurance fund or old-age insurance fund will only contact your authorized person.
Your family members are subject to compulsory insurance with the agricultural health insurance fund or long-term care fund and the agricultural pension fund. This applies under the following conditions:
The family members are employed full-time in your agricultural business. This includes
- Family members up to the 3rd degree of kinship,
- relatives by marriage up to the 2nd degree,
- foster children of a farmer or the farmer's wife or husband. The same applies to registered civil partnerships.
- Whether relatives work full-time in an agricultural business is determined by the so-called main occupation principles of the agricultural health insurance fund. These principles are also applied by the agricultural old-age insurance fund.
The insurance begins
- in the agricultural health insurance fund at the earliest at the age of 15 or at the start of training in the agricultural enterprise
- in the old-age insurance fund at the earliest at the age of 18
Only applies to the agricultural health insurance fund:
- If spouses of contributing family members also work in the agricultural enterprise at the same time, only the predominantly employed person is subject to compulsory insurance.
- The husband or wife of a farmer is also deemed to be an assisting family member if he or she has more than one mini-job in the agricultural enterprise.
- If there is compulsory insurance for agricultural health insurance, this also automatically applies to agricultural long-term care insurance (long-term care insurance follows health insurance).
Which documents are required?
- Questionnaire to assess the social insurance obligation of family members working in agriculture, forestry and horticulture
- If applicable, further written evidence such as employment or training contracts or status assessment notices from the statutory pension insurance scheme
in the case of applications by other persons:
- Power of attorney or
- Order of the court
What are the fees?
There are no fees for registration.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline. The insurance obligation arises when all requirements are met.
- Action before the social court
What else should I know?
There are no indications or special features.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)