We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for extension of residence permit to participate in the European Voluntary Service
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As a participant in the European Voluntary Service you have been granted a residence permit. If the host organization agrees in writing with you on an extension of the service, your residence permit can also be extended.
The prerequisite is that the maximum duration of the residence permit of one year has not yet been exhausted.
If you are still under the age of 18, you also need the consent of your legal guardians for the extension.
Besides the participation in the voluntary service, the pursuit of additional employment is not permitted
- Find out whether your foreigners authority allows you to apply online or has a special application form.
- If the application can only be submitted in person, make an appointment at the Aliens' Registration Office. In the case of online application, the Aliens' Registration Office will contact you after receiving your application to schedule an appointment.
- During the appointment, your identity and documents will be checked (please bring your documents, if possible in original, to the appointment).
- If your application is granted, your fingerprints will be taken for the production of a new electronic residence permit (eATKarte). The Aliens' Registration Office will order the production of the eAT card from the Bundesdruckerei. After completion, you will receive information and can pick up the residence permit at the responsible office. The eAT card must always be collected in person.
If your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection notice.
For the processing of the application is the foreigners authority responsible for the applicant's place of residence. responsible.
- You have a recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute).
- You are already doing a European Voluntary Service whose originally agreed duration was limited to less than one year.
- You have agreed with the host organization on an extension of your service for a total duration of max. one year.
- There is no legally regulated reason for refusal (for example, you should not be one of the persons enjoying international protection in Germany, who have applied for the granting of international protection, whose deportation has been temporarily suspended or who have been granted temporary protection; also, the institution hosting you should not have been established solely for the purpose of facilitating the entry and residence of foreigners).
- You have adequate health insurance coverage.
- There is no interest in deportation against you.
Your stay does not endanger or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Which documents are required?
- Recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute).
- Original agreement with the host organization to carry out the European Voluntary Service (including description of activities, details of the duration of the voluntary service, working hours, working conditions, supervision, remuneration and any training measures included) and written agreement on the extension of service
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- Before reaching the age of 18: consent of the legal guardians
In individual cases, the Foreigners Authority may request further documents.
What are the fees?
- 96,00 for a further stay of up to three months
- 93,00 for a further stay of more than three months
Additional fees may apply for the issuance of the residence permit in the form of the electronic residence permit, which can also be used as an electronic proof of identity.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Residence permit extensions should be applied for no later than six to eight weeks prior to the expiration of the original residence permit.
More information about the deadline:
The residence permit is issued for a maximum of one year. An extension is only possible if this period has not yet been exhausted.
Objection period: 1 month
Duration: approx. 8
Further information on processing time:
It takes about 4 to 6 weeks for the Bundesdruckerei to produce the electronic residence permit.
- Appeal against the decision of the Foreigners' Registration Office
- Action before the court named in the notice of appeal if the appeal is not granted
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: Yes
What else should I know?
An extension of the residence permit beyond a total period of one year is not possible.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of the Interior and for Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg
Professionally released on