We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for extension of a residence permit for job search for qualified professionals with professional training
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You have already received a residence permit for the purpose of seeking employment for skilled workers. This residence permit can be issued for a total of up to six months. If this 6-month period has not yet been used up, you can apply for an extension of your residence permit - provided, among other things, that you continue to secure your livelihood.
With the residence permit for job search, you can have a trial job, which the qualification qualifies you to do, for up to ten hours a week.
- Find out whether your foreigners authority allows you to apply online or has a special application form.
- If the application can only be submitted in person, make an appointment at the Aliens' Registration Office. In the case of online application, the Aliens' Registration Office will contact you after receiving your application to schedule an appointment.
- During the appointment, your identity and documents will be checked (please bring your documents, if possible in original, to the appointment).
- If your application is granted, your fingerprints will be taken for the production of a new electronic residence permit (eATKarte). The Aliens' Registration Office will order the production of the eAT card from the Bundesdruckerei. After completion, you will receive information and can pick up the residence permit at the responsible office. The eAT card must always be collected in person.
If your application is rejected, you will receive a rejection notice.
The foreigners authority responsible for the applicant's place of residence is responsible for processing the application.
For the extension of the residence permit, you must fulfill the same requirements as for the initial issuance of the residence permit, that is:
- You possess a recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute).
- You possess
- a domestic qualified professional training or
- an equivalent foreign professional qualification.
- The object of your job search must be the pursuit of qualified employment to which you are qualified on the basis of your professional qualification.
- You must have German language skills that correspond to the desired occupation. As a rule, German language skills of at least level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages are required here.
- If employment in a regulated - for example medical - profession is sought, a professional practice permit must already have been granted or promised.
- You must be able to secure your livelihood and health insurance cover from your own resources without recourse to public benefits.
- The maximum duration of the residence permit of six months has not yet been exhausted.
- There is no interest in deportation against you.
Your stay does not endanger or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Which documents are required?
In principle, the extension of your residence permit requires the submission of the same documents as for the initial issuance:
- Recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport replacement).
- Current biometric photo in passport format (45 x 35 mm)
- Training certificate/training certificate on the successfully completed vocational training in original format
- In case of a foreign professional qualification:
- Training certificate/training certificate together with German translation
- Notification of the equivalence of the foreign professional qualification with a domestic qualified professional training, if available.
- For regulated professions: Permit to practice the profession or promise of issuance
- Proof of German language skills
- Proof of livelihood security (e.g. equity capital, blocked account, declaration of commitment)
- Proof of health insurance coverage
- Current certificate of registration
In individual cases, the Aliens Department may require less or further proof.
What are the fees?
- 96,00 Euro for a further stay of up to three months
- 93,00 Euro for a further further stay of more than three months
For the issuance of the residence permit in the form of the electronic residence permit, which can also be used as an electronic proof of identity, additional fees may apply.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
At the latest 8 weeks before your current residence permit expires, the application should be received by the Aliens' Registration Office.
Period of validity: maximum 6 months
The residence permit is issued for a maximum of six months. An extension is only possible if this 6-month period has not yet been exhausted.
Objection period: 1 month
Duration: approx. 8
Note for further information on processing time:
It takes about 4 to 6 weeks for the Bundesdruckerei to produce the electronic residence permit.
- Appeal against the decision of the Foreigners' Registration Office
- Action before the court named in thehsbescheid, if the objection is not granted.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: Yes
What else should I know?
An extension of the residence permit beyond the maximum period of six months is excluded if no appropriate gainful employment could be found within the validity. A residence permit for the purpose of seeking employment for qualified specialists with vocational training can only be issued again if the foreigner, after leaving the country, has stayed abroad for at least as long as he or she previously stayed in the Federal territory.
The residence permit does not entitle the holder to pursue self-employment.
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of the Interior and for Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg,
Professionally released on