We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Applying for an extension of a mobile ICT card
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
You can extend a Mobiler-ICT card if you wish to continue working as a manager, specialist or trainee in a German branch of your company.
In principle, the same conditions must be met for the extension as for the initial issue of the Mobiler-ICT card, in particular that you can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover without claiming public benefits.
The Mobiler-ICT card is generally issued for the duration of the intra-company transfer. However, the total stay in Germany may not exceed three years for managers and specialists and one year for trainees. At the same time, the planned stay in Germany may not be longer than the stay in the EU member state that issued the residence permit for the purpose of the intra-company transfer.
As a rule, the Federal Employment Agency must approve your continued employment. Approval is obtained from the foreigners authority.
- Find out whether your foreigners authority allows you to apply online or has a special application form.
- If the application can only be submitted in person, make an appointment at the immigration office. If you apply online, the Foreigners' Registration Office will contact you after receiving your application to arrange an appointment.
- During the appointment, your identity and documents will be checked (please bring your documents to the appointment, in the original if possible).
- If your application is approved, your fingerprints will be taken for the production of the Mobile ICT Card (issued in the form of a new electronic residence permit, or eAT card for short). The Foreigners' Registration Office will commission the Federal Printing Office to produce the Mobile ICT Card. After completion, you will receive information and can collect the card from the responsible office. The card must always be collected in person.
- If your application is rejected, you will receive a notice of rejection.
The foreigners authority responsible for the applicant's place of residence is responsible for processing the application.
In principle, you must meet the same requirements for renewing your Mobiler-ICT card as for the initial issue, i.e:
- You have a recognized and valid identity document (for example, passport or passport substitute).
- You have a residence permit from another member state valid for the entire duration of the procedure for the purpose of intra-company transfers.
- Your company or group of companies has its headquarters outside Germany and would like to continue to employ you as a manager, specialist or trainee in a branch in Germany.
- The transfer lasts longer than 90 days in total, but shorter than the duration of your stay in another EU member state.
- You can present an employment contract valid for the duration of the transfer and, if necessary, a letter of secondment.
- The Federal Employment Agency has approved the employment (approval is obtained from the immigration authority) or there is an exemption from the approval requirement for the intended activity.
- You can secure your livelihood and health insurance cover from your income without claiming public benefits.
- The conditions under which you will work in the future are comparable to those of German employees.
- Your salary corresponds to the salary of German employees.
- There are no grounds for deportation against you.
- Your stay does not jeopardize or impair the interests of the Federal Republic of Germany.
Which documents are required?
In principle, the renewal of your Mobiler-ICT card requires the submission of the same documents as for the initial issue:
- Recognized and valid identity document (e.g. passport or passport replacement)
- Current biometric photo in passport format (45 x 35 mm)
- Residence permit from another member state for internal company transfer (recognizable by the abbreviation "ICT")
- Proof of qualifications (e.g. university certificate, certificate of completed vocational training) and your professional experience (e.g. job references)
- Employment contract or secondment letter from the employer, if required
- "Declaration of employment" form (to be completed in full by the employer)
- Proof of means of subsistence (e.g. equity capital, blocked account, declaration of commitment)
- Proof of health insurance cover
- Current registration certificate
The documents and information must always be submitted in German.
In individual cases, the Immigration Office may require less or further proof.
What are the fees?
Fee: 70 Euro
Additional fees may apply for the issuance of the Mobile ICT Card in the form of an electronic residence permit.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
The application should be submitted to the Foreigners' Registration Office at least 8 days before your current Mobile ICT Card expires.
Period of validity: 1 to 3 years
Note (for more information on the deadline):
The Mobile ICT Card is issued for the duration of the internal company transfer. However, the stay may not exceed three years for managers and specialists and one year for trainees. It cannot be extended once the maximum duration of the transfer has been reached.
The Mobile ICT Card can be reapplied for if there is a period of at least six months between the end of the transfer and the reapplication.
Objection period: 1 month
Duration: approx. 8 weeks
Note for further information on the processing time:
The production of the electronic residence permit by Bundesdruckerei takes about 4 to 6 weeks.
- Appeal against the decision of the immigration authority
- Legal action before the court named in the notice of objection if the objection is not upheld
Applications / forms
Forms available: Yes
Written form required: Yes
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance necessary: Yes
What else should I know?
- The MobilerICT card is not issued if the foreign person will be staying longer in Germany than in other EU member states as part of the internal company transfer.
- The ICT card is issued in all EU member states except Denmark, Great Britain and Ireland. It is therefore not possible to enter these countries with an ICT card
The text was automatically translated based on the German content.
Technically approved by
Ministry of the Interior and Municipal Affairs of the State of Brandenburg
Professionally released on