We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for support for successful training/entry qualification (assisted training)
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Assisted training (AsA) can help you to find and take up a suitable training position through to the successful completion of your vocational training.
AsA supports you, for example, if you have poor grades or problems at the training company/vocational school or at home that jeopardize the acceptance/success of your training.
You can also receive support from the AsA when completing an introductory qualification (EQ).
A training provider with experienced teachers, social education workers and a training mentor will develop an individual support plan with you.
Depending on your individual needs, you can receive support for a limited period of time or for the entire duration of your training or EQ.
During your participation, a training mentor will be available to you as a permanent contact person.
If you are completing your in-company vocational training or EQ part-time, you can also receive support during the accompanying phase of AsA.
As a young person with disabilities, you can also take part in AsA if your individual support needs can be met and participation in working life is achieved.
Your training company can also be supported within the framework of AsA in order to make your training or EQ a success.
AsA is divided into 2 phases.
Preliminary phase (optional)
This phase provides support in the search for and acceptance of an in-company training position. Contents can be, for example
- vocational orientation if necessary,
- application training,
- strengthening motivation or
- to a limited extent, the reduction of language and educational deficits.
Participation takes place full-time (39 lessons per week) and generally lasts 6 months. If you are unable to find an in-company training position during this time, participation can be extended by a further 2 months.
If you have signed a company training contract or an EQ contract, you can take part in the accompanying phase of AsA at any time if you require further support.
During participation in the preliminary phase, you can receive a vocational training allowance.
Note for customers who receive benefits from the Jobcenter (citizen's allowance):
If you take part in the AsA preliminary phase, you will receive an additional citizen's allowance bonus of 75 euros per month from 01.07.2023. You do not need to submit a separate application for this.
Note for training companies:
As a training company, you can get to know your future trainee during the preliminary phase, for example through an internship, and also receive support from the training provider. These are for example
- Support for the trainers in the company in preparation for the training
- Support in the preparation of application documents for the application for funding by the training company.
In this phase you can be supported
- by helping you to overcome language and learning difficulties
- by promoting theoretical skills, knowledge and abilities
- with measures to successfully complete the training/ EQ and not drop out and
- in preparing for the transition to a job subject to compulsory insurance after the end of training
- in stabilizing or finding an employment relationship after the end of training.
Their support is coordinated with the training company and goes beyond the teaching of standard company and training content. You and the training company receive individual support.
The number of hours per week for the exchange and training program will be individually tailored to your needs. These generally take place outside of company training hours.
The duration of your support is based on your individual needs. This may be the case for the entire duration of your apprenticeship or EQ, or only temporarily.
The previous offers of training-related assistance (abH) such as
- Tutoring for lessons at the vocational school,
- tutoring in language lessons,
- preparation for class tests and examinations,
- mediating discussions between trainers, teachers and/or parents,
- Socio-educational support or
- Support with personal problems that have an impact on training/ EQ
are still available, now within the framework of AsA.
AsA can be suspended for a maximum of 6 months if you temporarily do not require any support. If no further support is required after 6 months, the AsA will be terminated.
Follow-up support is possible for up to 6 months after completing your training if you have found a job. If you have not been successful in finding a job, AsA can continue to support you in your search for a job for up to 1 year after the end of your vocational training.
If you incur travel costs as part of the AsA, you must pay these yourself. The employment agency or job center will not reimburse these costs.
Note for training companies:
As a training company, you will receive the following during the accompanying phase
- the necessary assistance with the administration, organization and implementation of the training / EQ of the supported trainee / participant in an EQ as well as
- support in day-to-day operations to stabilize the training relationship/ EQ.
Regular discussions with your trainees/participants in EQ help to identify difficulties and develop solutions.
This requires a written declaration to the training provider that you will allow your trainees or EQ participants to take part in the individual support services within the framework of AsA.
You can take part in an assisted training measure after a personal interview at the employment agency or job center, if you meet the eligibility requirements, if there is a corresponding measure in your region and if there is a free place. If a personal interview is not possible, your request can also be discussed by telephone.
- Please contact the relevant employment agency or - if you receive citizen's allowance - the relevant job center and arrange an appointment.
- Present the documents and evidence that prove your need for support at this meeting.
- Together you will discuss your need for support and any questions arising from your documents.
- The employment agency or job center will check whether you meet the requirements for participation based on the information provided and will inform you of the outcome.
- If you are eligible to participate, the careers advisor at the employment agency or the integration specialist at the job center will name the training provider offering the assisted training and discuss the next steps with you.
Note for training companies:
If you are a company that provides training or would like to provide training, please contact the Employment Agency's employer hotline or the Employment Agency responsible for your place of work. If the Jobcenter is responsible for supporting your trainee, its responsibility depends on the trainee's home address.
If you receive unemployment benefit II, the Jobcenter is responsible for you. Otherwise, the Federal Employment Agency is responsible for you.
You can find the office of the Federal Employment Agency or Jobcenter responsible for you via the office finder.
If you are an employer, please contact the employment agency responsible for your company or the job center in whose district the young person lives.
You can take part in assisted training under the following conditions:
- You are basically without initial vocational training.
- You are ready for training and already have an idea of your career choice.
- You have completed compulsory full-time schooling.
You can participate for personal reasons
- you cannot start, continue or successfully complete vocational training in a company without participating in assisted training or
- are unable to establish or consolidate an employment relationship after completing vocational training supported by assisted training or
- They require additional support during an introductory training course for personal reasons.
Preliminary phase: Special requirements for foreign nationals:
- You are aiming for in-company vocational training.
- You have access to the training or labor market. If you are not allowed to work in Germany, you cannot receive funding.
- You can be sponsored if you are permitted to undertake training or gainful employment, but also if the foreigners authority can permit you to work. Permission itself is not required for participation in the preliminary phase.
- If you are permitted or tolerated in Germany, you must also have been legally resident in Germany for at least 15 months. If you entered the country before August 1, 2019, a shorter period of at least 3 months applies.
- If you are permitted to stay in Germany, you cannot receive a vocational training allowance. Under certain conditions, you can receive benefits under the Asylum Seekers' Benefits Act.
Special requirements and exclusion criteria for your participation in the accompanying phase:
- Before entering the assisted phase, you must have signed a training/contract for the implementation of an introductory qualification.
Assisted training can be used to support in-company vocational training if it takes place in a
- a state-recognized training occupation under the Vocational Training Act, the Crafts Code or the Maritime Labour Act or
- in accordance with Part 2, also in conjunction with Part 5, of the Nursing Professions Act or the Geriatric Care Act
- and the required vocational training contract has been concluded.
- You cannot be supported with Assisted Training in the case of school-based training.
- There are no restrictions with regard to nationality, residence status or previous residence time for your participation as a foreign national in the accompanying phase after taking up in-company vocational training.
- As a foreigner, you should generally have language level B2 (see Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)) in order to take up in-company vocational training
Which documents are required?
- First semester or final certificate of the last general school attended and
- First semester or final certificate of the last secondary vocational school attended, if available
- in the absence of a leaving certificate: proof of completion of compulsory full-time education
- Curriculum vitae
- identity card or passport
- Training contract/contract for the implementation of an introductory qualification (if available)
- Current vocational school certificate
- Identity card with residence status
Applications / forms
Forms available: no
Written form required: no
Informal application possible: yes
Personal appearance necessary: yes
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)