We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Register as a jobseeker
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As an employee, you are legally obliged to register as a jobseeker with the Employment Agency at least 3 months before the end of your employment relationship. If you have been informed of the end of your employment relationship less than 3 months in advance, you must register as a jobseeker within 3 days.
The same applies if you are doing an external apprenticeship and are subsequently threatened with unemployment.
Once you have registered as a jobseeker, the employment agency will support you in your search for a suitable position.
In general, you should register as a jobseeker with the Employment Agency as early as possible if
- you have been dismissed,
- your fixed-term employment contract expires,
- you have concluded a termination agreement with your employer by mutual agreement,
- you are looking for work again after a longer period of illness,
- school, vocational training or studies are coming to an end and you do not yet have a contractually fixed job or training place in prospect,
- you want to return to work after a long period of parental leave or
- you are looking for work for other reasons.
You can register as a jobseeker with the Employment Agency online, in writing, by telephone or in person. Please note the deadlines stated. The subsequent consultation appointments can take place in person, by telephone or digitally.
- Send an informal letter to your local employment agency office or to the general address of the employment agency.
- Include your name and address as well as the date from which you wish to register as a jobseeker or when your employment ends and that you wish to register as a jobseeker.
- The employment agency will then contact you to arrange a consultation appointment.
- Call the service hotline and let them know that you want to register as a jobseeker.
- The employment agency will then arrange a consultation appointment with you.
- Register on the Employment Agency portal.
- Select there that you want to register as a jobseeker.
- Fill in the fields provided.
- The Employment Agency will then contact you to arrange a consultation appointment.
- Go to the Employment Agency office responsible for you and register as a jobseeker.
- If possible, you will be given a consultation immediately. If this is not possible, you will be given a consultation appointment.
- Once you have registered, you can work at least 15 hours a week in employment subject to compulsory insurance.
Which documents are required?
- Identification document (identity card or passport and registration certificate) when registering in person at the Federal Employment Agency
- Registration before online jobseeker registration on the website of the Federal Employment Agency
What are the fees?
There are no costs.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
Register as a jobseeker: No later than 3 months before the end of your employment or external training relationship.
If you only find out afterwards that your employment or training will end in less than 3 months, you must register as a jobseeker with the Employment Agency within 3 days.
Usually around 10 to 20 minutes, the personal consultation on site usually takes between 30 and 60 minutes. To be on the safe side, allow a little more time.
- There is no legal remedy.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: No
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)