We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for a personal identification number (SSR number) for entries in the Radiation Safety Register (SSR).
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Persons for whom entries in the Radiation Protection Register of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection (BfS) are required need a personal identification number. This is the so-called radiation protection register number (SSR number).
Such an SSR number is required in particular by
- occupationally exposed persons
- Holders of radiation passports
For each person for whom you apply for an SSR number, you must provide the following information:
- Social Security Number
- Family name
- First name(s)
- Birth Name
- Academic Degree (optional)
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
You can only apply for SSR numbers electronically:
- Register at the SSR portal of the Federal Office for Radiation Protection.
- After registration, your access data for the BfS portal will be sent to your personal e-mail address.
- Call up the SSR portal and log in with your access data.
Select the "Data entry" area and enter the information of the persons for whom you want to apply for an SSR number. This is possible by
- typing in the data or
- inserting the data via CSV or TXT file.
- Click on "Generate".
You will now find the newly generated SSR number(s) and the associated data in the "Data Output" area.
- Note: If you uncheck the "Show new entries only" box, you will see all the SSR numbers you have generated.
- Mark all the records you want to download with a check mark. Then click on "Download zip file".
In the zip file you will find
- a list of the selected SSR numbers as a CSV file.
- A certificate for each employee. You must give the certificates to the employees immediately (printed or as a PDF file). The employees must keep their certificates.
You are in the employing company of the occupationally exposed persons:
- person responsible for radiation protection
- person obligated or responsible according to the Radiation Protection Act or
- an appropriately authorized person, e.g. radiation protection officer or radiation protection officer
Which documents are required?
You do not need to submit any documents.
What are the fees?
There are no costs involved.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
After entering the required data, the SSR numbers are immediately available for download together with an SSR number certificate.
There are no legal remedies. The purpose of the personal identification number is unique identification. Reports to the Radiation Protection Register can thus be clearly assigned to a person. The personal identification number has no binding effect on the outside. Consequently, the assignment of the personal identification number is not an administrative act against which an appeal would be admissible.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: No
Personal appearance required: No
Online services available: Yes
What else should I know?
There are no clues or specifics.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV)