We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for funding for in-company training for people with disabilities who are fully incapacitated for work
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
Are you currently unable, not yet or not yet able to return to the general labor market due to the nature or severity of your disability and would still like to complete regular training? Then the Federal Employment Agency will provide a budget for training under certain conditions, provided it is your responsible rehabilitation provider.
One prerequisite is that you conclude a contract with a company for a training relationship subject to social insurance contributions in a recognized training occupation or for specialist practical training.
If you do not yet have a training place, the employment agency will initially support you in your search for a (suitable) training place on request.
Only initial vocational training is supported, not further training.
During training, the following benefits are supported with the training budget:
- The company is reimbursed the training allowance including the employer's contribution to social insurance.
- The costs of any guidance and support required at the training location and vocational school due to the disability are covered.
- If the school-based part of the training is carried out in a vocational rehabilitation facility due to the disability, the necessary costs will be covered.
You can choose who supports you and you organize the services yourself. However, the necessary scope of support will be checked and agreed beforehand according to your individual needs. You obtain quotes and ask suitable professionals to take over your guidance and support and describe how their support should be provided in concrete terms. On this basis, your advisor decides and approves the amount of the benefit, for example.
You are also entitled to a training allowance during the support period. However, your training allowance will be deducted from this.
You will receive the training budget for as long as you need it. At most, however, until you have successfully completed your training.
If several people who are supported with a training budget work in the same company, they can also receive guidance or support together.
If you discover during your training that you would prefer to receive services in the entry procedure and vocational training area in a workshop for people with disabilities or with another service provider, you can switch. The periods of the budget for training will then be credited to the duration of the entry procedure and vocational training area, if applicable.
In order to receive a budget for training, you must contact your local employment agency:
- Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation team at your employment agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person, make an appointment via the service hotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal meeting, they will clarify together whether the budget for training is generally suitable for you.
- Your advisor will also discuss with you the forms and supporting documents that you need to complete and submit. You can also complete the documents online.
- You submit the necessary documents, for example an offer from a rehabilitation facility for the costs of the school-based part of the training or descriptions of who is to provide guidance and support, how and under what conditions.
- Finally, your advisor will check whether the eligibility requirements are met, whether the training allowance is appropriate and will decide on the documents submitted.
- If the Federal Employment Agency is not responsible in your case, it will forward your application to the responsible rehabilitation provider.
You can receive a budget for training under the following conditions:
- You have a disability and the Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation provider.
Due to the nature or severity of your disability, your prospects of participating in working life or participating in working life again are significantly reduced, and not just temporarily, and you therefore need help to participate in working life.
- Or: You are threatened with a disability with the same occupational consequences.
- Due to the nature or severity of your disability, you are not, not yet or not yet again able to work in the general labor market and would therefore be entitled to benefits in the entry procedure and vocational training area in a workshop for disabled people or with another service provider.
- They conclude a contract with a private or public employer for a training relationship subject to social insurance contributions in a recognized training occupation or for specialist practical training.
- The training relationship is entered in the register of vocational training relationships by the competent authority.
Which documents are required?
Please ask your advisor which documents you need in detail when you contact them.
What are the fees?
Processing usually takes several weeks.
Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to lodge an appeal can be found in the respective decision.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance necessary: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)