We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for other assistance as individual benefits for participation in working life
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
To enable you as a person with disabilities to participate in working life, the Federal Employment Agency can support you with a range of measures and support services. The benefits include, among others, the so-called other assistance to promote participation in working life.
In addition to the legally stipulated support services, there is also additional support for participation in working life that you can apply for in order to enable and maintain appropriate and suitable employment or self-employment. These so-called other aids include, for example
- the temporary use of a sign language interpreter
- mobility training
- the participation accompaniment
If you are hearing and speech impaired and temporarily need a sign language interpreter in connection with the familiarization with an employment relationship, the costs for this assignment will be covered.
If you are blind or severely visually impaired and mobility training is necessary to enable you to travel between home and work, this training will be funded.
Participation accompaniment helps you prepare for in-company training, retraining or employment subject to social insurance contributions. The support is provided by educational institutions on behalf of the employment agency.
Participation guidance is made up of 3 modules:
- Module 1 Vocational orientation: Here you will be helped to find out which professions and activities suit you best. Your interests, your health and mental capacity and also the requirements of the labor market are taken into account. Module 1 can be supplemented by individual practical days in companies.
- Module 2: Introduction to training, retraining or employment: You will be supported in finding a specific in-company training, retraining or job. Among other things, you will receive support in compiling your application documents and you will be prepared for job interviews. Module 2 can be supplemented by individual practical days in companies.
- Module 3 Securing training, retraining or employment: You will receive help in coping with everyday life in the company, for example through counseling sessions in the event of conflicts in the company. The aim is for you to be able to work in the primary labor market on a permanent basis. Your transition from training to employment can also be supported.
Depending on your individual needs, the participation support is made up of one or more modules. Each of the 3 modules lasts a maximum of 6 months. The scope of support comprises at least 2 hours per week during the entire approval period. If you need more support, up to 8 hours per week are possible. Qualified and experienced socio-pedagogical and rehabilitation specialists are at your side throughout the entire period of support.
The costs are covered by the employment agency.
In order for you to receive other assistance, you must contact your employment agency:
- Make an appointment with the Vocational Rehabilitation and Participation Team at your employment agency.
- If you do not yet have a personal contact person, make an appointment via the ServiceHotline of the Federal Employment Agency.
- In a personal meeting, you will clarify together whether other assistance is an option for you.
- If your advisor determines that assistance is necessary for you to participate in working life, this person will discuss the next steps with you.
- Your counselor will also discuss with you the forms you need to fill out. You can also fill out the paperwork online.
In order for you to be considered for other assistance as a benefit for participation in working life, the following general requirements must be met:
- You have a disability and the Federal Employment Agency is your responsible rehabilitation agency.
Your prospects of participating or re-participating in working life are not only temporarily significantly reduced due to the nature or severity of your disability.
- Or: You are threatened by a disability with the same occupational consequences.
- You must contact your employment agency for assistance or reimbursement before expenses are incurred or expenditures are made.
In addition, you may have to observe special requirements for the respective subsidy.
Which documents are required?
Please ask your advisor about the specific documents you will need.
What are the fees?
Processing usually takes several weeks.
Appeal to the employment agency that issued the decision. Further information on how to file an appeal can be found in the respective notice.
Applications / forms
Forms available: No
Written form required: No
Informal application possible: Yes
Personal appearance required: Yes
Online services available: Yes
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs (BMAS)