We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Request information from the Central Driver's License Register
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
The Central Driver's License Register (ZFER) records all driver's licenses issued in Germany since January 01, 1999 with the uniform European driver's license classes A to E and the national driver's license classes.
The Central Driver's License Register stores
- driving licenses issued in Germany according to the uniform European classes A to E and the national German classes M, L, S and T (until January 19, 2013) and L and T (from January 19, 2013)
- for novice drivers additionally the probationary period
- Driver's licenses for passenger transport
- Service driver's licenses for the police, federal police and federal armed forces
- Driving instructor licenses and official driving instructor licenses of driving instructors
- Civilian and official licenses of motor vehicle experts, examiners and test engineers.
The driving license authority reports the data to the Federal Motor Transport Authority after the driving license has been issued. The data relevant to the driving license is stored in the Central Driving License Register, but not the address. Driving license relevant data are for example:
- Personal data
- Driving license and driver's license number
- Competent authority
- Driving license classes
You can obtain information from the Central Driver's License Register using the online register information service. Alternatively, you can receive the information by mail.
Online information can only be generated if the data in the Central Driver's License Register and the personal data are identical. Alternatively, manual post-processing takes place and you receive the information via the communication channel you have selected.
You can obtain information from the central driver's license register via the online register information on the website of the Federal Motor Transport Authority:
- Select the information from the Central Driver's License Register.
- For online register information, you need the online ID function of your ID card or electronic residence permit for authentication.
- Complete the data stored in the identification document.
- Enter your title, if it is not already listed, and the desired language (German or English) for the information.
- You can now download the information directly as a PDF document.
In some cases, no clear identification is possible, these must be manually post-processed.
- In this case, you will receive your information by mail.
Alternatively, you can receive the information by mail:
- Download the form "Application for information from the Central Driver's License Register (ZFER)" from the KBA website.
- Fill out the form and attach the required documents.
- Then send the form to the KBA.
After the KBA has processed this, you will receive the result by mail.
You can obtain the information without any further requirements.
Which documents are required?
If you would like to request information about entries about you in the ZFER by mail:
- Application for information from the ZFER
- Copy of the front and back of your valid identity card, passport or residence permit
- alternatively: officially certified signature
What are the fees?
There are no costs involved.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
Online register information is not an administrative act, therefore no legal remedies are necessary.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Digital Affairs and Transport (BMDV)