We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Have errors in your stored personal data corrected
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
As a citizen of the European Union (EU), you can ask any body that collects and processes personal data about you to correct any inaccurate information.
It is irrelevant whether you yourself are responsible for the information being incorrect. In addition, you may request that incomplete personal data be completed.
Personal data is, for example:
- Online data such as IP address, location data, e-mail address
- Bank data, such as account balances, account numbers
- Identification numbers, such as ID card number or social security number
- Land register entries
- Health information, such as genetic data, medical data
- general personal data, such as name, address, age, marital status
- physical characteristics, such as gender, skin, hair or eye color, height
You can exercise this right against public and non-public bodies. Public bodies are, for example, public authorities, non-public bodies are, for example, commercial enterprises, associations or clubs.
You must request the correction of your personal data directly from the relevant public or non-public body.
If you wish to submit a written request by mail or require general information, please contact the authority relevant to you with your questions.
You can find the contact details of the relevant authority in the list of authorities on the portal "service.bund.de - Service Online".
You can request a correction of your personal stored data online or in writing by mail.
Request correction online:
- Call up the online application on the federal portal verwaltung.bund.de. This will guide you step by step through the necessary information, which you can enter electronically.
- Note: For the online application, you need an electronic ID document, for example the online function of your ID card.
- Upload the required documents as a file (in PDF, DOC, JPEG, PNG file formats, maximum 10 megabytes per file) and submit the application. Alternatively, you can submit the required documents by mail.
- The public body will usually send you the appropriate response by mail to your reporting address or via email in some circumstances.
Request correction in writing:
- You can make your request informally.
- Send your request with the required documents by mail to the public body.
- The public body will send you the corresponding answer by mail to your registration address.
- The entity from which you request rectification must have collected or processed personal data.
- It must be personal data that concerns you personally.
Which documents are required?
- Copy of your identity card
- Alternatively: copy of your passport in connection with the copy of your registration certificate
What are the fees?
free of charge
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
There is no deadline.
No generally applicable remedies are provided.
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of the Interior and Home Affairs (BMI)