We only need 2 pieces of information from you.
Specify your location to receive regionalized information.
You searched in services/administrative services.
Apply for recognition of conformity assessment bodies for measuring instruments
Source: Zuständigkeitsfinder Schleswig-Holstein (Linie6PLus)
A conformity assessment body (CAB) that wishes to assess the conformity of measuring instruments with the essential requirements requires recognition (recognized conformity assessment body).
Recognition is granted if the conformity assessment body
- applies for this in writing (also possible by e-mail) to the Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection (BMWK) and
- it is accredited for the activities.
A CAB must prove that it has the competence to carry out the conformity assessment procedure. This so-called accreditation is carried out by DAkkS (the German Accreditation Body).
Conformity assessment bodies (CABs) can obtain recognition by submitting an accreditation certificate to the Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection.
- You can apply for recognition by letter or e-mail.
- Attach the required documents.
- Send everything to the BMWK.
You will receive a notification.
The conformity assessment body (CAB) is accredited for its activities.
Which documents are required?
- Description of the conformity assessment activities and the types of measuring instruments for which it claims competence.
- Accreditation certificate in original or copy/pdf issued by a national accreditation body, in which the accreditation body certifies that the conformity assessment body fulfills the requirements of § 15 of the Measurement and Calibration Act
What are the fees?
There are no costs for you.
What deadlines do I have to pay attention to?
In principle, there are no deadlines for you. Recognition is granted for a limited period. An application for an extension must be submitted in good time before the deadline expires in order to ensure a seamless transition.
Detailed information on how to file an appeal can be found in the notice of your application.
- Administrative court action
Applications / forms
Online procedure possible: no
Written form required: no
Personal appearance required: no
Technically approved by
Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection